Wedding Cake Nightmare!!!

Decorating By AuntieElle Updated 27 May 2008 , 9:10pm by AuntieElle

AuntieElle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AuntieElle Posted 27 May 2008 , 7:13pm
post #1 of 8

This past Sunday my DS and his g/f of 4 years finally got married. I had originally offered to make the cake but my DS said he would rather me enjoy the wedding than have to worry about making the cake. I very much appreciated his thoughtfulness.
That being said, my new DIL called me Friday absolutey frantic telling me the home-baking "cake lady" cancelled. She said when she agreed to make the cake she didn't realize that it was Memorial Day weekend, she had plans with her family and asked rachel to please come pick up her money. This woman was supposedly a friend of the MOB, evidentally not a very good one.
Saturday morning, I hit my local supplier, rushed home and strapped on my apron. I baked like a mad woman! I got up earler Sunday than I had originally planned and finished this baby up.
DS and my new DIL were ecstatic over the cake and very appreciative. Unfortunately, I forgot my camera so had to take a pic with my phone. I'll wait for the photographers pictures.
Without flaky "cake lady", we made it just fine. Not bad for being pulled out of thin air!

It's in my pics, Rachel and Andrew's cake.

icon_biggrin.gif ,
Elle

7 replies
miss_sweetstory Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miss_sweetstory Posted 27 May 2008 , 7:34pm
post #2 of 8

You go Mom! thumbs_up.gif

MeMo07 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MeMo07 Posted 27 May 2008 , 7:39pm
post #3 of 8

I LOVE it! You did an awesome job!!! icon_smile.gif

SweetResults Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetResults Posted 27 May 2008 , 7:52pm
post #4 of 8

You are SOOO the best MIL in the world now!!!!

CakeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeBaker Posted 27 May 2008 , 7:54pm
post #5 of 8

"didn't realize that it was Memorial Day weekend?" OMG! How unprofessional of her to cancel -- especially THAT late in the game!!! She should have sucked it up and made the cake and paid better attention to the calendar next time. Nice save, though, Elle!

AJsGirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AJsGirl Posted 27 May 2008 , 8:01pm
post #6 of 8

I agree, she should have sucked it up and did it!

Great save! And now they have a great wedding story to tell! icon_biggrin.gif

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 27 May 2008 , 8:15pm
post #7 of 8

That may not have been the real reason she did. Perhaps the reason was something extremely personal, and she would rather look unprofessional, than have anyone know...

I'm very glad you were able to step in and help.

AuntieElle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AuntieElle Posted 27 May 2008 , 9:10pm
post #8 of 8

Thanks y'all. I'm just glad I was able to help them. It wasn't as perfect as I'd have liked but it came out nice!

Elle

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%