Frosting Sheets

Decorating By BREN28 Updated 30 May 2008 , 3:27pm by MissRobin

BREN28 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BREN28 Posted 27 May 2008 , 6:27pm
post #1 of 7

just started using the epson edible image printer,but does anybody know what would make the frosting sheet,after image is printed,stick to the backing or get crumbley and tear?i know they should be kept in a cool place for storing but do they need to be in the refrigerator?do you have to use them as soon as you print out an image or can you store them in a zip lock bag for a couple of days?just wondering because i printed one out for a friend and put it in a ziplock bag,but she wasnt going to use it for a day or two.when she tried to peel it off, about halfway it stuck to the backing and wouldnt peel off. its very hot and humid here right now, so i wondered if that had anything to do with it? if anybody could help me out i would appreciate it!!
TIA
BREN

6 replies
psanders76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
psanders76 Posted 27 May 2008 , 10:09pm
post #2 of 7

I recommend putting it in the freezer for about 30 sec. I live in a hot and humid area and have discovered that heat and humidity have a big affect on the sheets.

JenniferMI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferMI Posted 28 May 2008 , 12:12am
post #3 of 7

Yup, the freezer should work. You always should store them in a plastic bag. If they become brittle, they are dried due to air exposure.

HTH!

Jen icon_smile.gif

BREN28 Posted 28 May 2008 , 6:51pm
post #4 of 7

thank you both so much for the info. i will try putting it in freezer next time.
BREN

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 28 May 2008 , 7:49pm
post #5 of 7

Just to clarify, you store them in a plastic bag. When you are ready to take it off the backing and use it, then you put it in the freezer for a few minutes. it will pop right off in one piece.

BREN28 Posted 30 May 2008 , 1:37pm
post #6 of 7

thank leahs, i do keep mine stored in a plastic bag, and i am going to try putting it in the freezer before trying to peel one off. thank you all for the info!!

MissRobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissRobin Posted 30 May 2008 , 3:27pm
post #7 of 7

I recently did my first edible image and had a huge problem peeling off of the sheet, I was wondering if the freezer was the answer!! I just kept running it along the edge of my counter and it finally came off in one piece, but it took alot of tries!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%