Question Concerning How I Should Do Crown For Customer

Decorating By Shyanne_Mommy Updated 28 May 2008 , 3:44am by mindywith3boys

Shyanne_Mommy Posted 27 May 2008 , 4:48pm
post #1 of 7

Ok I have a customer that has asked me to make her Granddaughter 1st Birthday. She has order the decorations from Birthdayexpress.com "lil 1st Princess birthday"

http://www.celebrateexpress.com/celebration/pages/products/Product_BD.aspx?sku=E7873

Well from the site you can see the pan which is very close to the Wilton Pan which I own already...but the issue I am having is that I think I should carve a crown to match the crown that is on the napkins to match..

So my question to all you cake pros out there is should I do the Cake pan or carve the crown so that it matches the decorations?

Thanks In advance for all advise and support.

6 replies
SecretAgentCakeBaker Posted 27 May 2008 , 5:03pm
post #2 of 7

I would use the pan you already have. I think it is cuter than the crown on the plates anyway. It doesn't have to match exactly. Plus, then you won't have the wasted cake from the carving.

jammjenks Posted 27 May 2008 , 5:12pm
post #3 of 7

If it was a gift from me, I'd do the pan. If she is buying it, I'd do the carving.

Shyanne_Mommy Posted 27 May 2008 , 6:35pm
post #4 of 7

well to be honest the customer is a close friend of mine and she told me either way is fine so I just stuck which way.

TexasSugar Posted 27 May 2008 , 7:40pm
post #5 of 7

Did she ask you to match it or just do something with the theme? If she didn't ask for it to match exactly I would just use the Wilton pan and make it simalar.

Alot of party invites and decor are trademarked/copyrighted. If they are then you can't legally copy them.

Shyanne_Mommy Posted 27 May 2008 , 8:01pm
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasSugar

Did she ask you to match it or just do something with the theme? If she didn't ask for it to match exactly I would just use the Wilton pan and make it simalar.

Alot of party invites and decor are trademarked/copyrighted. If they are then you can't legally copy them.

She said it was up to me...so that is why I was ask my fellow CCers. I understand that all party invites and decor are trademarked/Copyrighted but so are most party themes that we use to get our and or the clients Inspiration for the cakes we decorate for those special days whether it be for someones birthdays or weddings.

Thanks for your comment.

mindywith3boys Posted 28 May 2008 , 3:44am
post #7 of 7

I don't think it would be too hard to use the cake pan you have and carve away a bit to make it look just like the invite.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%