How Much For A Doll Cake

Business By ricecakes Updated 4 Jun 2008 , 1:49am by Monkess

ricecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ricecakes Posted 27 May 2008 , 2:26pm
post #1 of 5

I am about to do my first Doll Cake and I have no idea how much to charge. And could someone tell me how difficult they are and about how much time do they take to make.

4 replies
tippyad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tippyad Posted 29 May 2008 , 1:02pm
post #2 of 5

When you say doll cake do you mean w/ a wonder mold pan? I've done a few, only posting one picture. I don't find them to be difficult at all. I work mainly with BC. Starting price for my doll cake is $30. If the customer wants a real "Barbie" then I have them bring it to me. With a doll that has legs you may want to add an 8"/9" round at the bottom of the dress b/c the legs are usually too long. Also remember to wrap the gets in plastice wrap before inserting her into the cake.

Good luck and post your picture!

auntginn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntginn Posted 29 May 2008 , 4:44pm
post #3 of 5

I charge $2.50 per slice of cake. My wondermold holds about 1 1/2 boxes of cakes mix and I usually put a 10" double layer cake under that (stacked). So you can see it will serve quite a bit. I have a pic posted, you can look in my photos.

Doll cakes can be as simple or as detailed as the decorator wants to get. I personally want them to be beautiful and make a statement with the kids.

lilyanddayne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilyanddayne Posted 30 May 2008 , 2:10am
post #4 of 5

THIS BRIDE CAKE I MADE IN MY PHOTOS WAS A FREEBIE BUT I CALLED 2 INDEPENDENT LADIES WHO SELL OUT OF THEIR OWN SHOP, AND THEY BOTH QUOTED ME 63.99. IT WAS A WONDERMOLD ON TOP OF AN 8 ROUND 1 LAYER ON TOP OF A 12 ROUND 1 LAYER, FULLY FONDANT WITH BC UNDERNEATH. LUSTER DUST AND DRAGEES.
I'M IN SAINT LOUIS MO.

Monkess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Monkess Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 1:49am
post #5 of 5

i charge $70.00 and that is for a doll cake about 5 layers high. Usually my clients prefer bc and star tipped designs they take me anywhere from 1.5 to 2.25 hours! thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%