Is The Wedding Cake Going To Be Too Big? Help

Decorating By twistedsplinters Updated 28 May 2008 , 1:31am by bethola

twistedsplinters Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twistedsplinters Posted 27 May 2008 , 2:17pm
post #1 of 14

I HAVE A BRIDE WHO IS WANTING A 3TIER WEDDING THAT IS TO FEED 150PPL TO GO ONTO THIS STAND. LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK SO I CAN DECIDE WHAT TO TELL HER BY LOOKING AT TEH STAND I AM NOT REALLY SURE IT WILL FIT

http://www.countrykitchensa.com/catalog/product.aspx?T=1&ShopId=38&CatId=537&SubCatId=92&productId=632691

13 replies
ccr03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ccr03 Posted 27 May 2008 , 4:30pm
post #2 of 14

Yeah, I don't think it's going to fit either. If she is set on this stand, which is cool, I would offer a few round satellites - kind-of how I did my anniversary cake.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 27 May 2008 , 5:39pm
post #3 of 14

For cake for 150, I'd use a 16/12/8 and this stand says it will hold those sizes. I think it will fit.

diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 27 May 2008 , 5:55pm
post #4 of 14

i think that stand is for 2" cakes not 3". icon_confused.gif

twistedsplinters Posted 27 May 2008 , 6:18pm
post #5 of 14

well i made the suggestion about doing two 9" round 2layer cakes so she can have the amount of cake she needs just waiting on her to reply

gottabakenow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gottabakenow Posted 27 May 2008 , 6:21pm
post #6 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by diane

i think that stand is for 2" cakes not 3". icon_confused.gif

I'm curious as to what you mean by that. Are you talking about the height of the cakes? icon_confused.gif

twistedsplinters Posted 27 May 2008 , 6:27pm
post #7 of 14

i think she means that it looks like its for a 2" cake per tier. But her wedding cake is going to be 2lyers per tier + filling. so i think they would be too tall for the stand and would touch the top and sides especially since the sides are rounded. bc I want to use 8,12,16 sizes to get her the amount she needs

littlecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlecake Posted 27 May 2008 , 6:41pm
post #8 of 14

i think a 14/10/6 will fit easily on this.....i'm at home, so i can't read my chart, but if i remember that will give you 155,,,(wilton sized) peices

bethola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bethola Posted 27 May 2008 , 6:44pm
post #9 of 14

I used a stand similar to this for one of my first wedding cakes. I will post the link. I used 14, 10, and 6 and had no problems at all. My tiers were composed of 2-2" layers of cake with filling and they fit just fine. I think you could probably use the sizes you are wanting without a problem. But, if you are "a-skeered" (as we say in KY....well, SOME places in KY! LOL) use the satellite cake idea someone suggested. That is what I did and it worked great!

Here is the link to give you an idea. If you can't get it the cake is May Wedding in my photos.

Good Luck!

Beth in KY

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=84275

twistedsplinters Posted 27 May 2008 , 7:01pm
post #10 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by bethola

I used a stand similar to this for one of my first wedding cakes. I will post the link. I used 14, 10, and 6 and had no problems at all. My tiers were composed of 2-2" layers of cake with filling and they fit just fine. I think you could probably use the sizes you are wanting without a problem. But, if you are "a-skeered" (as we say in KY....well, SOME places in KY! LOL) use the satellite cake idea someone suggested. That is what I did and it worked great!

Here is the link to give you an idea. If you can't get it the cake is May Wedding in my photos.

Good Luck!

Beth in KY

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=84275

I saw it does look like it will fit fine maybe its bc the pic looks so small I will keep ya'll posted on what she decides to do! thank you all for your help and advice!

KrisD13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KrisD13 Posted 27 May 2008 , 7:37pm
post #11 of 14

Just a thought here. It says "Fitted with 18mm (3/4" ball feet)."

If the feet alone are almost an inch across/high/wide.....if you extend those proportions, you will have NO PROBLEM fitting a regular 4 inch tall cake (with lots of decorations on top) on that stand.

Or if you look at the ring sizes....that centre ring is 9 inches across. Flip it vertical, and you should have more than enough room for anything, practically.

HTH
Kristine

cakequeen50 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakequeen50 Posted 27 May 2008 , 9:56pm
post #12 of 14

this is a 14-10-7, you can see how much room there is left on each side.
http://www.unforgettableweddingcakes.com/more%20ideas/wedding/page%202/html/gold%20ribbon%20wedding.htm

twistedsplinters Posted 27 May 2008 , 10:18pm
post #13 of 14

well she decided she wants the two 9" cakeson the side of the wedding cake, bc she didnt want bulky looking cakes on it she wants it to look like they are floating so im going to do 6,9,12 cakes sizes and put the other cakes next to it.

bethola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bethola Posted 28 May 2008 , 1:31am
post #14 of 14

That will look nice! I think the others would have looked nice too. But, think of it this way, you won't have to deal with the BIG OLE cakes! LOL

Beth

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%