Dual Ovens For The Home Kitchen!

Business By travelingcakeplate Updated 28 May 2008 , 5:40pm by travelingcakeplate

travelingcakeplate Posted 27 May 2008 , 2:09pm
post #1 of 14

http://www.wral.com/5onyourside/story/2940770/

Baking a tiered cake can become quite tedious and take hours when using your home oven. However, this wonderful invention may help cut the time in half. icon_biggrin.gif

Take a look and tell me what you think. It was on the news this weekend.

Thanks,

tcp

13 replies
karateka Posted 27 May 2008 , 3:53pm
post #2 of 14

Well, I of course, want one. Too bad I don't have a spare $2K sitting around gathering dust.....

travelingcakeplate Posted 27 May 2008 , 4:51pm
post #3 of 14

I know. hopefully it will be like the new TV's and go down in price soon.

I am interested in knowing if this will become a trend. I'll keep an eye out and keep us posted.

mkolmar Posted 28 May 2008 , 12:41am
post #4 of 14

These ovens look great. I hate that drawer at the bottom of my oven. I always forget I have stuffed stored there. I would much rather have it as oven space.

Denise Posted 28 May 2008 , 12:43am
post #5 of 14

I bought my Maytag Gemini 2 years ago this month. I ADORE it! I can bake an entire
6, 8, 10, 12" round tiered cake in about 1 hour. All of the pans fit in it.

I like that it has a "toast" feature in the top oven and 2 warming elements...on that is strictly a warming element and 1 that is a regular element as well as warming.

It was costly - $1800 but it is worth EVERY dime I paid for it - even though my other oven was perfectly fine. It saves me so much time and since I can bake faster my kitchen cools off faster in the summer which is a good thing!

My stove is named Ridley and I LOVE it!

Ladivacrj Posted 28 May 2008 , 12:55am
post #6 of 14

I also have full sized double ovens, both convection and self cleaning.

I love them, takes no time to crank out a ton of cookies and cupcakes.

ziggytarheel Posted 28 May 2008 , 12:56am
post #7 of 14

You've linked one of my favorite websites. icon_smile.gif

We watched the oven review and while I loved the idea, I know that for me and my physical limitations, I would find it extremely difficult to take anything out of the bottom of that oven, especially if it were heavy.

But how cool for those of you who have no such problems!

BrandyR Posted 28 May 2008 , 1:07am
post #8 of 14

I Love my double oven I just bought a GE Profile double oven and it cuts the time in half. It is well worth the money if you bake a lot. I baked 7 dozen cookies in 30 min. the bottom oven has a convection option works great for cookies

wgoat5 Posted 28 May 2008 , 12:40pm
post #9 of 14

Oh I bake a lot.. but... I to also have a hard time finding that money tree LOL icon_wink.gif

But I would love one.. if someone wants to donate one just pm me icon_biggrin.gif

lovetofrost Posted 28 May 2008 , 12:53pm
post #10 of 14

i don't think i would like that b/c of the drawer being so close to the floor. not just b/c i have a touchy back, but b/c of having to get heavy food out or risking not dropping the food or tripping on the door. I would rather have the oven like the lady had in the video that is built into her wall that is easier to access.

getfrosted Posted 28 May 2008 , 1:02pm
post #11 of 14

I have one and it is wonderful to bake lots .... when I was buying it my mom's concern was lifting heavy foods (i.e., a turkey) out of the bottom oven. I have no issues with it but I can certainly see how some would.

Keep in mind that the top oven is pretty small for height. I love it and am thinking about buying another!

travelingcakeplate Posted 28 May 2008 , 2:55pm
post #12 of 14

So, tell me, does the top portion of the oven cook a cake as evenly as the bottom portion of the oven does. Or do you all just place the multiple layers in the bottom portion since it is so large?

AZCakeGirl Posted 28 May 2008 , 3:13pm
post #13 of 14

I have full-sized double ovens as well. I LOVE them! It really saves SO MUCH time! My oven also retailed at $1900, but I found it on Ebay BRAND NEW for $400.00! Granted, it was 6 hours away from me & I had to go pick it up from the appliance store selling it, but it was definitely worth the trip! Seriously......keep your eyes open on Ebay because you can find great deals when some of these appliances go on clearance when the next years models come out.

travelingcakeplate Posted 28 May 2008 , 5:40pm
post #14 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZCakeGirl

I have full-sized double ovens as well. I LOVE them! It really saves SO MUCH time! My oven also retailed at $1900, but I found it on Ebay BRAND NEW for $400.00! Granted, it was 6 hours away from me & I had to go pick it up from the appliance store selling it, but it was definitely worth the trip! Seriously......keep your eyes open on Ebay because you can find great deals when some of these appliances go on clearance when the next years models come out.

Thanks--

Great advice. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%