Balls Of Cake!!

Decorating By chebean Updated 27 May 2008 , 7:07am by revel

chebean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chebean Posted 27 May 2008 , 5:21am
post #1 of 5

hi, everyone!

i am a virgin cake ball maker.... icon_lol.gif ....i am planning on making them for my daughter's end of school party next week along with a thank you cake for her teachers. has to be peanut free!!

i've heard so many stories of them being too gooey inside...yada, yada, yada....and the cake balls falling apart when being dipped....then i hear that they were a hit...i want to be that "hit"!!!

anyways, can you use ANY cake flavour? i thought about italian cream cake but what frosting should i mix with it? can i use WASC? that is actually my favourite cake recipe!! what flavour of frosting shall i mix it with?

any other favourite cake flavours and icing mixes to make cake balls besides chocolate that i could try...just in case the italian cream cake recipe doesn't work...

please share your "pearls" on making these...

ayudame!

4 replies
mommy_of_3_DDs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommy_of_3_DDs Posted 27 May 2008 , 5:34am
post #2 of 5

If you use the WASC check to make sure that Almond will not be a problem to the allergic kids...

I have made cake balls with WVSC (White Vanilla Sour Cream) My daughter is allergic to peanut and tree nuts so we can't use almond extract...

I always mix in thinned buttercream icing, and usually chocolate chips... Then dip in melted chocolate...

I don't like the one mixed with creamer... too gooey for me...

Now I mush all my stuff together and use the small cookie scoop to make a bunch of balls on a cookie sheet lined with parchment... then I stick a tooth pick into each ball and freeze for at least 1 hour or till the balls are nice and firm... Once they are dipped and cooled I remove the toothpicks and use a paint brush to fill in the hole...

chebean Posted 27 May 2008 , 5:45am
post #3 of 5

thank you, Mother of three DDs!! i forgot about the almond extract....i will definitely use vanilla instead!!

i am actually going to make "cake pops"!! make them colorful and festive!!

what brand of candy melts do you suggest?

chebean Posted 27 May 2008 , 6:31am
post #4 of 5

anyone else?

revel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
revel Posted 27 May 2008 , 7:07am
post #5 of 5

I didn't care for the other fillings so i thought i would try ganache..they turned out awesome! I just poured in the ganache ..let it set for a bit..then scooped them into balls and dipped in chocolate!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%