Fondant Covering Dummies: Icing Or Piping Jel

Decorating By korkyo Updated 27 May 2008 , 2:53am by tonedna

korkyo Posted 27 May 2008 , 1:38am
post #1 of 5

I know I've read this before but I just can't find the specifics.

Can I paint a dummy with piping Jel and then fondant it?
Do the corners tear without icing? and does it last as long without icing under the fondant??

4 replies
Fairytale Posted 27 May 2008 , 2:42am
post #2 of 5

All you need to do is spray your dummy with water. As long as it doesn't get dry the fondant won't tear. I do all my dummies that way. (So does Colette Peters.) They will last indefinitely

FromScratch Posted 27 May 2008 , 2:48am
post #3 of 5

All I do to cover dummies with fondant is to rub some crisco on them.. just like I was putting cream on them.. not too much. The fondant will stick nicely to the crisco and then when you go to take the fondant off it will just peel right off. If you do it with piping gel or water the fondant will be REALLY stuck on there and it will not come off easily at all and chip your dummies.

nefgaby Posted 27 May 2008 , 2:51am
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkalman

All I do to cover dummies with fondant is to rub some crisco on them.. just like I was putting cream on them.. not too much. The fondant will stick nicely to the crisco and then when you go to take the fondant off it will just peel right off. If you do it with piping gel or water the fondant will be REALLY stuck on there and it will not come off easily at all and chip your dummies.

Genius!

I've been using water and what a pain! Thanks! thumbs_up.gif (Jeanne, you rock!)

tonedna Posted 27 May 2008 , 2:53am
post #5 of 5

Piping gel tends to melt the fondant..

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%