Need Ideas For 4 Tier Cake For Company Picnic...

Decorating By chatnoir5638 Updated 27 May 2008 , 2:20am by indydebi

chatnoir5638 Posted 27 May 2008 , 12:02am
post #1 of 3

My hubby's company picnic is June 21st and I do a cake every year for the baking contest. All TPTB tell me is that some of the wild animals from a wild animal refuge will be there...lions, tigers (no bears..haha) and probably a panther or 2. So I am thinking of doing a 4-tier fondant cake with a safari theme. But I stink at fondant animals and cannot draw well at all. Maybe a different area per tier?? Like: painted sunset fondant with trees for the savannah, lush green painted fondant for the jungle animals, desert, etc...What do you think?

I have searched the galleries for safari and jungle cakes and am very impressed but I (truly!) cannot shape anything to save my life so what do I do? I was tossing around the idea of doing brush embroidery of animal heads on each tier but I'm thinking that's kind of dumb...

Any ideas??

2 replies
mom2owen1 Posted 27 May 2008 , 12:23am
post #2 of 3

what about doing an animal print on each tier? zebra, giraffe, tiger, etc.

I just did a tiger print for the first time over the weekend and it was easier then i thought!

indydebi Posted 27 May 2008 , 2:20am
post #3 of 3

what about cookies cut out in animal shapes? Or sillouettes? (animal shapes cut out in fondant and attached).

Quote by @%username% on %date%