Help With Idea For Oldies But Goodies Dance Theme

Decorating By sugarflour2 Updated 26 May 2008 , 9:28pm by sugarflour2

sugarflour2 Posted 26 May 2008 , 7:56pm
post #1 of 4

Hi All,

I have to do cake for an oldies but goodies dance on June 14th, and I'm kind of stuck for an idea. The music will be of 50s though the 80s. Any ideas would be really appreciated. I have a few ideas rattling around the brain like 45 records, juke box, disco ball, things like that, but I'm not sure of how I'd incorporate them.

Thank you.

3 replies
BCJean Posted 26 May 2008 , 8:22pm
post #2 of 4

If you are doing a tier cake you could just make each tier a different era. If you are doing a sheet cake you could make a musical staff flowing across the cake with pictures going from the 50's to the 80's. If it is for a dance I would include shoes. Saddle oxfords for the 50's, platform shoes for the 70's and I don't know what for the 80's.

LadyMike Posted 26 May 2008 , 9:03pm
post #3 of 4

I love the idea of a tiered cake with each of the tiers representing a different era. You could even offset the layers if you needed extra room for something on one of the layers. Lots of possibilities. Good luck and make sure you let us see the finished "product".

sugarflour2 Posted 26 May 2008 , 9:28pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks ladies. I love the tiered idea with the shoes a lot! Thanks again. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%