Wilton Cake Stand

Decorating By Carson Updated 31 May 2008 , 3:16am by gscout73

Carson Posted 26 May 2008 , 6:45pm
post #1 of 14

I have a question...I got the Wilton Cake Stand that you can add candles to it...I will try to attach a pic...my question is if any of you have used it and if the candles used have melted your icing?

I got it really cheap and thought that I could use it without candles if necessary (by putting some flowers where candles go, etc...)
LL

13 replies
Carson Posted 27 May 2008 , 4:56am
post #2 of 14

Ummm...so has anyone ever used candles with this? I am thinking that it would melt the icing, whatcha think?

veejaytx Posted 27 May 2008 , 10:54am
post #3 of 14

It is a pretty stand, but does look as if the candles might be too close to the cake and melt the icing...also could burn fingers if you try to cut the cake with them lit.

Putting flowers or maybe shorter candles would be a good idea.

grama_j Posted 27 May 2008 , 11:13am
post #4 of 14

I have a picture in my photos ( maybe two) of this stand with the candles lit...... didn't have a problem at all....... and it looks SOOO pretty all lit up......

Molly2 Posted 27 May 2008 , 11:15am
post #5 of 14

I have been wanting to buy that same stand I saw it used with volted glass candles I thought about doing that and putting the fake tea light candles that look like candles and flicker just use your imagination theirs a lot you can do with it

Molly2

KrisD13 Posted 27 May 2008 , 6:41pm
post #6 of 14

OK....you got my attention, there. I am wondering what these volted candles are. Can you please tell me? Something new?

(I know about the tapers, tea lights, votives, and those 2, 3 and larger straight candles)

Sorry to hijack the thread, but I'm super curious about this one. icon_redface.gif

luelue1971 Posted 27 May 2008 , 6:49pm
post #7 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisD13

OK....you got my attention, there. I am wondering what these volted candles are. Can you please tell me? Something new?

(I know about the tapers, tea lights, votives, and those 2, 3 and larger straight candles)

Sorry to hijack the thread, but I'm super curious about this one. icon_redface.gif

I think she means the glass votive candle holders with tealights in them.

Carson Posted 27 May 2008 , 7:04pm
post #8 of 14

KrisD13 - I see your from Winnipeg, where do you buy your supplies? Is there an awesome store somewhere that I don't know about, I'm always looking for a new place! You can PM me if you are unable to put the business name in the forum (not sure how that rule works!)

Molly2 Posted 28 May 2008 , 4:07am
post #9 of 14

luelue

Your right that is what I'm talking about and you can put the little tea lights that are not real flames I think they run on watch battery

Molly2

KrisD13 Posted 29 May 2008 , 12:54am
post #10 of 14

Carson:
I'm just pasting from another thread that I posted this reply in. Here it is:

Have you tried Evelyns? It's on St James st. in a little strip mall there, right around the train tracks.

Or there is Belle Cakes and Candy. (Charlene and I were in high school together. She owns the place.) Her shop is out past St. Vital Centre, on St. Mary's Ave. Other than that, there are the Michaels' stores.

These are the ones that I get supplies from at the moment.

HTH

Edited to add the link to that thread.
http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-588207.html

Carson Posted 30 May 2008 , 1:33am
post #11 of 14

Thanks KrisD13, next time I'm in Winnipeg I will look for those places. I have heard of Evelyn's through an internet search, but didn't get there.

I often am around St.Vital so I will check out the other!

Thanks a bunch!!

gscout73 Posted 30 May 2008 , 3:43am
post #12 of 14

I LOVE THIS STAND!!!! icon_confused.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif I use it a lot and have never had a problem with icing melting. I use it for all occasions, not just wedding cakes. When it first came out it was fancier with more scroll work and is very pretty. I don't like the new one with the battery candles. to me it just doesn't look as nice. icon_razz.gificon_biggrin.gif

Carson Posted 30 May 2008 , 3:50am
post #13 of 14

gscout73 - I'm glad to hear you have had great success with this stand. I like it too but didn't know if the candles would be a problem or not.

gscout73 Posted 31 May 2008 , 3:16am
post #14 of 14

Not at all. I recomend getting the stand. You will love it. I've used it with and without candles and have put flowers there instead. You can even put a little styrofoam ball or ball of playdo and put lollypops sticking up, then take some flowers or lace wrapped aroud the candle bases. This stand is so versatile.

I recomend getting it... thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%