What Do You Use With Your Mmf/fondant

Decorating By apetricek Updated 26 May 2008 , 5:29pm by psanders76

apetricek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
apetricek Posted 26 May 2008 , 5:14am
post #1 of 6

Hi everyone, just wanted to get an idea (maybe a new one) of what everyone uses, puts their fondant on while working with it and rolling it. I usually sugar my counter, or wooden cutting board and use them. Tonight I was having much difficulty with it sticking, so got me thinking maybe someone has a better way they do it. I know on Ace of Cakes, looks like they roll on metal??? Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks!

5 replies
Bohnlo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bohnlo Posted 26 May 2008 , 5:25am
post #2 of 6

I have a tupperware pastry mat that I've had for years, I use the back side since it is very smooth and the fondant doesn't stick as much.

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 26 May 2008 , 5:31am
post #3 of 6

I use a wilton mat when I'm rolling it out big enough for a cake, not because it's great but because it's all I've got. For smaller things, I use a silicone mat. Some people use a piece of vinyl, which I think I'll try the next time I need to roll out a really big piece.

I use a silicone rolling pin too, and it's great.

amysue99 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amysue99 Posted 26 May 2008 , 5:40am
post #4 of 6

I use a silpat for my small stuff. Don't do much cake covering, although I want to try some vinyl. My problem is that the vinyl tablecloths come folded and I can't seem to get the creases out. Anyone got help for that?

stacylambert Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stacylambert Posted 26 May 2008 , 5:46am
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by amysue99

I use a silpat for my small stuff. Don't do much cake covering, although I want to try some vinyl. My problem is that the vinyl tablecloths come folded and I can't seem to get the creases out. Anyone got help for that?

If you go to a fabric store they usually sell vinyl by the yard off of a roll so it won't have any creases.

psanders76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
psanders76 Posted 26 May 2008 , 5:29pm
post #6 of 6

I use the vinyl as well as the silicone rolling pin thumbs_up.gif . This is what I have found to work for me after many, many disasters icon_cry.gif .

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%