First Large Order For 500 Cupcakes, Where To Start.

Decorating By Payton19 Updated 27 May 2008 , 11:32pm by leily

Payton19 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Payton19 Posted 26 May 2008 , 3:24am
post #1 of 5

Not sure if this is the right forum to post this question, so please be kind.

I recently received an order to make 500 cupcakes for a fundraiser. I was wondering how much time I should give myself to make and decorate vanialla/choc with BC (just simple piping on them). Also I plan to make cupcake towersto display them,any suggestions on the maxamount of cupcakes to put on a display (they will be replensished through the night)

4 replies
JoAnnB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 26 May 2008 , 3:47am
post #2 of 5

Welcome to Cake Central. That is a lot of cupcakes. over 40 dozen cupcakes. I hope you have lots of space, oven, storage, refrigeration, and tons of powdered sugar.

I couldn't guess how long you will need. It depends on how much space your have, and how quickly you work.

also, you will need to consider transporting 40 dozen cupcakes.

It takes time to place cupcakes on a display, so you will want to place as many as possible.

IRISH63 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
IRISH63 Posted 26 May 2008 , 11:28pm
post #3 of 5

Here is alittle ideal.. I helped my friend bake 250 cupcakes this week end.. it took us 2 1/2 hrs just bake that many.. We had enough bakes to do 3 1/2 doz. at a time just using 1 oven. Remember it only takes 18 to 20 mins to bake... Had everything setting out before started baking.. We used pre maked frosting.. even pre bagged.. saved time making frosting. but it still took 2 hrs to frost. It's not as many but it's a start. ( talk a good friend to help)
Just Irsh

JoHannaBell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoHannaBell Posted 27 May 2008 , 3:35am
post #4 of 5

wow that is a lot of cupcakes. my suggestion would be to get as many cupcake pans as you can, as many as your oven can hold. Start baking them a day ahead, and get some tupperware storage things to hold the already baked ones. i know their expensive- so maybe you can get creative on storage methods. then devot a day to icing them. just make sure nothing has to be refridgerated. as long as there's no refridgeration needed, you can set them at room temp. I would atleast start two days in advance. good luck on transportation, maybe you can get a friend with a big vehicle to help ya out. my words not golden...lol... but i hope i helped. good luck! thumbs_up.gif

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 27 May 2008 , 11:32pm
post #5 of 5

Duplicate post,

Please see other for additional responses

http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-588537-.html

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%