Gettin You Name Out There.......

Business By Cascades Updated 26 May 2008 , 2:46pm by SweetConfectionsChef

Cascades Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cascades Posted 26 May 2008 , 12:58am
post #1 of 4

Does anyone have a cake display in a Bridal Shop. There is a brand new shop opening up in my town and I was thinking I might ask if they are interested in letting me rent a small table to display my cakes.

I am fully liscensed, but don't currently have a shop. I need more exposure and advertising is so expensive.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

3 replies
tlreetz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tlreetz Posted 26 May 2008 , 1:20am
post #2 of 4

I do all free advertising and am booked pretty much every weekend. Search and find community websites around your area....they are everywhere!! Post on them with a link to your site (if you have one) or your email address. Also, lettering and logo on your vehicle is a great way to advertise and always leave biz cards everywhere you go!!!

Making comp cakes is another great way to advertise. Make a cake and give it away to a local business with biz cards during delivery. Example: a stack of books cake for the local kids reading group at the library (there are lots of Mom's there), "money cake" for the tellers at the bank, baby cake for the OB nurses, etc....Each comp cake you do gives you more practice and is a tax write off because it's advertising! Plus, it gets your name out there!

As for the bridal shop, go in and ask them if they would be willing to partner with you. If you book a cake from their referral, you will give them 5% of the price of the cake. It's a win, win situation!

giggysmack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
giggysmack Posted 26 May 2008 , 7:29am
post #3 of 4

How do you claim an advertising cake. Do you claime the full sale price?

SweetConfectionsChef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetConfectionsChef Posted 26 May 2008 , 2:46pm
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by giggysmack

How do you claim an advertising cake. Do you claime the full sale price?

Yes.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%