Urgent- Cookies And Cream Filling

Decorating By anku Updated 26 May 2008 , 6:28pm by SarahJane

anku Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anku Posted 26 May 2008 , 12:06am
post #1 of 3

Ok, my client just rescheduled the cake that was due tomorrow to July 6th because of family emergency.
Now, I made cookies and cream filling from Rich's bettercream and oreo cookies. Can I freeze this filling and use it on July 6th? Or do I have to throw it icon_sad.gif

Also, what do you guys do when something like this come up. Do you charge your client even though she has rescheduled the party and not cancelled it!!!

Please help!

2 replies
mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 26 May 2008 , 2:09am
post #2 of 3

I don't know the answer to this one but I'll try moving it back up to the top of the page for you.

SarahJane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SarahJane Posted 26 May 2008 , 6:28pm
post #3 of 3

I don't know if it can be frozen or not, but I would definetly charge her for anything you had already made or baked that won't last and also for any perishable items that you already bought (such as milk, whipcream, etc.) You shouldn't have to eat the cost; it's obviously not anyone's fault, but you're a "business" and you need to make sure that you're not losing money on the deal. If she is a friend or you are worried about losing a customer, I would make a simple cake with the stuff that you've already bought and donate it to a worthy cause. Maybe your local shelter or food bank knows of someone who would like it or surprise someone you appreciate in your community - just some thoughts. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%