What's Your Mix?

Decorating By hwnhulahands Updated 28 May 2008 , 7:14pm by hwnhulahands

hwnhulahands Posted 25 May 2008 , 11:41pm
post #1 of 7

This past Saturday I got report that someone didn't like the flavor of my cake that I did for them. I was wondering what is your most requested or your personal favorite fondant/icing/cake mixtures?

6 replies
TooMuchCake Posted 26 May 2008 , 12:43am
post #2 of 7

My most requested cake is either champagne or dark choc fudge, with either white or champagne icing. I don't get requests much for fondant cakes, but when I do, I use Satin Ice.

What did your customer not like about the cake? Did they pick the flavor and then still not like it?

hwnhulahands Posted 27 May 2008 , 7:37pm
post #3 of 7

They requested strawberry for the top, yellow-middle, and white-bottom. They wanted it more moist and so I added pudding because my friend does that and she's always getting rave reviews about her cakes. The bride complained it was too sweet and no one liked it (but it's funny how they mentioned that by the end of the night the whole cake was gone). I gave what she requested and she didn't like. I was just wondering what everyone gets requests for or love themselves. I wanna put up a page on my website for cake flavors but I have so many so I was just wondering what's the most requested or favorites.

TooMuchCake Posted 27 May 2008 , 7:50pm
post #4 of 7

I'm sorry they didn't like getting what they asked for. And they probably had to FORCE themselves to eat the whole thing, LOL.

I actually have cut down my list of flavors to just a few. If a bride says she really likes such-and-such, I'll make it for her, but I don't voluntarily offer much in the way of birthday cakes.

hwnhulahands Posted 27 May 2008 , 8:43pm
post #5 of 7

Maybe that's what I should do....just do a few basic, a few that's more than just basic and if they request for something that's not on there, I'll make that too. Thanks for the idea.

SugarBakerz Posted 27 May 2008 , 9:00pm
post #6 of 7

I get requests for Creme Brulee and Chocolate Fudge from my customers. I simply add Creme Brulee liquid creamer to my white batter and people LOVE IT, even kids. My chocolate fudge is just a chocolate batter with Nestle Chocolate Sauce squeezed in, it is yummo!

hwnhulahands Posted 28 May 2008 , 7:14pm
post #7 of 7

sugarbakerz-how much creme brulee do you put per mix (batch)? Is it cofee creamer? Where can I find it? Do you usually put the two together (that flavored cake with that flavored frosting)?

Quote by @%username% on %date%