Need Help With A Cake Topper!!!??

Decorating By TantalizingTreats Updated 26 May 2008 , 3:40am by lindsey312

TantalizingTreats Posted 25 May 2008 , 10:52pm
post #1 of 3

Okay... so I have a wedding cake to do this week, and the bride doesn't like any toppers that the stores sells, so she askes me if I can just do the first letters of their names, which I said of course. So the letters I am to use are M & M... should I just make them out of fondant and dust them with pearly dust or does anyone have a better idea... it does't even have to be edible.. the cake is 4 tiers 14, 12, 10 and 8 all white with white daisies... pls any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

2 replies
Vistacsigirl Posted 26 May 2008 , 1:17am
post #2 of 3

You could try pulled sugar. It gets almost like a glass look and can be molded into pretty much anything. It can also be colored. Only bad thing is its not really something you can do with stencils or cutters, youve gotta free form it. Otherwise pealrdusted gumpaste looks great and its really easy to do.

lindsey312 Posted 26 May 2008 , 3:40am
post #3 of 3

I love the pulled sugar idea from vistacsigirl. I think that would look very elegant, and would not take away from the cleanliness of an all white cake. Good Luck, I'm sure it will be beautiful whatever you do!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%