Exulting- Sooo Happy With My Icer Tip!!

Decorating By gottabakenow Updated 27 May 2008 , 2:47am by Juds2323

gottabakenow Posted 25 May 2008 , 6:52pm
post #1 of 8

I just got the wilton icer tip last week and I iced 2 cakes with it. I am sooo happy! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif i have one cake crusting now and it looks pretty good! usually my cakes are horrible at this point, and usually at the end too, if u look at my pics. icon_redface.gif i can't wait to see what it will look like after i smooth it with wax paper. it's for a family party tomorrow and this is hands down the best cake I've done so far. I'll post a pic a little later when it's done. off to go smooth it! yayyyyyyyyyyyyy!

(can you tell I'm a newbie at all this? icon_redface.gificon_redface.gificon_lol.gif )

7 replies
tracey1970 Posted 26 May 2008 , 12:47am
post #2 of 8

I love mine too - use it on every cake. Never have to crumb coat, and it puts on just the right amount of icing. You can skim some off in the smoothing process without the icing getting too thin, but it doesn't go on too thick either. I would never do another one without it.

Mike1394 Posted 26 May 2008 , 9:46am
post #3 of 8

I love it. I still crumb coat though. The lil buggers I swear breed. Put it on the turntable, and with a 4" plastic putty knife they get as smooth as a babies, well you know icon_biggrin.gif For the top I use a 12" putty knife LOL Gotta love H Depot.

Mike

gottabakenow Posted 26 May 2008 , 1:13pm
post #4 of 8

hm didn't get response notifications... anyway when i was doing the sides they sometimes just fell off. would that not happen if i did a crumb coat first to give it something to stick to?

BellaBabyCakes Posted 26 May 2008 , 3:31pm
post #5 of 8

Speaking of, I want the icing tip and can't seem to find it on the Wilton website! Am I looking in the wrong place (I feel like I've looked everywhere!) or are they not offering on the site anymore?

BrandisBaked Posted 26 May 2008 , 5:12pm
post #6 of 8

If your icing is falling off the sides, make sure you hold the serrated side of the tip directly next to the cake - touching it. If you hold it away, even slightly, the icing will not adhere to the cake.

sari66 Posted 27 May 2008 , 2:19am
post #7 of 8

divalori you should be able to find the fast icing tip in any cake decorating store or most online stores. Not sure about wilton although I would think so.

Juds2323 Posted 27 May 2008 , 2:47am
post #8 of 8

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%