Cake Mix Come Backs At The Grocery Store

Decorating By loriemoms Updated 28 May 2008 , 8:05am by waywordz

cakegal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegal Posted 27 May 2008 , 6:09pm
post #31 of 40

I've tried the cookies from cake mixes... they're "GREAT"!!! and you don't have all the measuring of other ingredients...Sooo simple..And
I love the taste..

CoutureCakeCreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CoutureCakeCreations Posted 27 May 2008 , 6:11pm
post #32 of 40

It is so funny that I just logged on to CC and find this topic. I have never been comfortable with the fact that I was using mixes and made the decision just this morning to begin doing scratch only cakes. For some reason I have never been really comfortable with telling people that I used mixes. So i have found some great scratch recipes that I will now be using.

bambuf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bambuf Posted 27 May 2008 , 6:25pm
post #33 of 40

I just tell them that I am working towards rounding out my thighs...

stampinron Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stampinron Posted 27 May 2008 , 6:27pm
post #34 of 40

LOL......this is the funniest thread I've read in a long time.

Thanks for the laughs. I'm still chuckling over the hypoglycemic dog! LMAO

BCJean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BCJean Posted 27 May 2008 , 6:30pm
post #35 of 40

when the recipe calls for shortening, do you use something like Crisco or do you use margarine?

In regards to the clerks conversation, a part of their training program is that they are to make comments to the customer so the customer thinks they are shopping wisely. I personally do not like conversation while I am checking out as it distracts me from watching the price things are ringing up at. I always find at least one item in my purchases which did not scan correctly.

littlecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlecake Posted 27 May 2008 , 6:37pm
post #36 of 40

indy, do you use this base for all your cookies?

Kayakado Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kayakado Posted 27 May 2008 , 6:45pm
post #37 of 40

Maybe they are trying to be helpful. Many stores, Wally World included, will give you a discount on buying in quantity. Usually you prearrange it with the manager. They like it because then you are not taking all the stock off their shelves at once - they will order you cartons of the stuff above and beyond their normal shelf stock.

cakequeen50 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakequeen50 Posted 27 May 2008 , 9:53pm
post #38 of 40

I just bought 48 mixes today and the cashier didn't say a WORD! Very odd...they usually all have some comment!
I do get my ego stroked sometimes and tell them that I made the 6ft tall eiffel tower for "Madea's Family Reunion" and being in ATL, they all know that movie and get excited.
My 15 minutes of fame.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 27 May 2008 , 10:48pm
post #39 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlecake

indy, do you use this base for all your cookies?

No ... just the chocolate ones and the spice cake ones. All other cookies I have to measure flour and sugar. icon_biggrin.gif

waywordz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
waywordz Posted 28 May 2008 , 8:05am
post #40 of 40

livenia I thought I was gonna hurt myself trying NOT to laugh, my DH is asleep and I was afraid I was gonna wake him! ROF(trying not to)LOL!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%