Mmf Question

Decorating By Delartful Updated 25 May 2008 , 4:08pm by Sugar_Plum_Fairy

Delartful Posted 25 May 2008 , 6:43am
post #1 of 4

Hi Everyone,

I want to make some Marshmellow fondant to go on some vegan cupcakes. I read that you need to have a layer of icing underneath the MMF in order for it to stick to the cake.

Anyhow, I'm wondering if you think that ganashe (vegan of course) would work under MMF?

Thanks so much everyone
Danni icon_biggrin.gif

3 replies
Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 25 May 2008 , 7:17am
post #2 of 4

Delartful/Danni, I see you're a newbie - welcome to the board!

I think it's great that you're trying to find out what would work to keep the cupcakes vegan, but right off the bat I can tell you that you can't use MMF. Marshmallows are made using gelatin which is not vegan (please see: http://www.ivu.org/faq/gelatine.html.

Why not just go with a vegan buttercream? I'm sure there are quite a few recipes on this site alone that would work for you. Or you can just make the vegan ganache and stop at that. icon_smile.gif

mjballinger Posted 25 May 2008 , 7:22am
post #3 of 4

And I'm just glad I'm not the only person on the east coast who's on Cake Central this late/early! icon_smile.gif

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 25 May 2008 , 4:08pm
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjballinger

And I'm just glad I'm not the only person on the east coast who's on Cake Central this late/early! icon_smile.gif

Yeah, at this point I sort of have my sleeping schedule backwards and generally I'm up to 3am most days. icon_surprised.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%