Need Help With Gumpaste Flowers And A Fountain ????

Decorating By mrsjah Updated 26 May 2008 , 1:30am by joshalow

mrsjah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsjah Posted 25 May 2008 , 3:13am
post #1 of 3

Hi everyone from Cakecentral, My question is that my bride wants to have gumpaste flowers to go around the fountain, on a ring, does anyone have any ideas how to keep the water from splashing on the flower and not have the flower with luster dusts on them? Also has anyone every had to fountain on a dummy cake?

I have always be able to get the help I need from Cakecentral, I will be waiting to hear from everyone. I want to thank each of you for you support..

Mrsjah

2 replies
TooMuchCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TooMuchCake Posted 26 May 2008 , 12:48am
post #2 of 3

Hm, I think I'd tell her no to the gumpaste flowers around the fountain. I've got two fountains by different brands, and they both have the occasional overspray or splashes. Can you talk her into silk or fresh flowers around the fountain?

I've used the fountains underneath real cakes, with the cakes up on the grecian pillars above the fountains, and the fountains had real flowers around them. I haven't done one with a dummy cake or on top of a cake, although I've seen that in books and it looks pretty cool.

Maybe someone else will have an idea how you can keep the gumpaste dry while using them with the fountain. Good luck and post a pic when it's done!

Deanna

joshalow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
joshalow Posted 26 May 2008 , 1:30am
post #3 of 3

My first two wedding cakes, a long time ago, had a fountain each, and a ring of gumpaste roses and filler flowers around the fountain. What I did was to use a styrofoam ring to go around the fountain. I stuck my flowers, ribbons, and little pieces of tulle ( tied with wire) into the sides of the styrofoam ring. I then set the fountain into the ring. You have to play around with where the flowers are, so it will all sit level. I think I may have put a little less water in the fountain- but I can't remember as that was a long time ago.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%