Whipped White Chocolate Ganache Q's I Need Some Help!

Baking By Jayde Updated 28 May 2008 , 10:06pm by Jayde

Jayde Posted 25 May 2008 , 1:18am
post #1 of 5

Ok, so I am using the Whipped White Chocolate Ganche recipe from the recipes, and my ganache isnt setting up! Is it supposed to be so liquid before I whip it up? Did I do something wrong? I followed the directions, but I am hesitant to melt more white chocolate and add it to it, I dont want it to not whip at all.

Does anyone have any advice?

4 replies
CarolAnn Posted 25 May 2008 , 1:32am
post #2 of 5

I want to know about this as well. Both times I've made white choc ganache it didn't seem to come out right. I don't know why. Hope you get help.

Jayde Posted 27 May 2008 , 4:02am
post #3 of 5

Oh, Carol Ann it was a disaster! I stuck it in the fridge to firm up all night long. When I got up in the morning I felt awful! I tried to whip it up and it seemed to do fine, until I got it on the cake! Once it hit room temp it melted faster than an ice cube on the sun!

I took the recipe which was 4 cups of cream and I think it was 16oz of white chocolate? I ended up adding all 24oz that I had and it still wouldnt stabilize! The ratio was off I think. I promise I will play with it some more and then once I figure it out I will let you know.

On the up side, the cake tasted FABULOUS! It was WASC with raspberry filling and runny chocolate ganache.

JoAnnB Posted 27 May 2008 , 6:10am
post #4 of 5

White chocolate requires more chocolate to cream than dark chocolate ganache. Once the ganache is cool it should start getting slightly thick. 4cups of cream to 16 ounces of white chocolate is not enough chocolate. It should almost be equal parts- 2 cups heavy cream - 16 ounces chocolate.

Just add more melted chocolate, cool

I refrigerate 5-10 minutes then whisk a few times, repeat refrigerate/whisk until it whips well.

If you over whip it, very gently remelt over hot (not boiling) water and start chill/whisk again.

Jayde Posted 28 May 2008 , 10:06pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks JoAnn! I will have to try that, I dont think that the recipe that I used was well researched.

Quote by @%username% on %date%