Egg Free Cakes

Decorating By ssrednicki Updated 25 May 2008 , 4:49pm by HeatherC

ssrednicki Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ssrednicki Posted 25 May 2008 , 12:21am
post #1 of 4

I am using an egg-free recipe for a birthday cake. I used bakers secret to prepare the pan. What is the best way the remove the cake from the pan. It sticks to the bottom of the pan and is crumbly?

3 replies
diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 25 May 2008 , 12:50am
post #2 of 4

if you grease and flour it you should have no problems. icon_wink.gif

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 25 May 2008 , 1:53am
post #3 of 4

If you grease only, no flour, you'll have no problems either. I've done it this way for 25 years. Cleaner, prettier cakes, too.

Is Bakers Secret a spray? I wont' use PAM on the pans ... cakes get crispy on the sides and it's the ONLY time I've had a problem with sticking.

HeatherC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HeatherC Posted 25 May 2008 , 4:49pm
post #4 of 4

If you have already baked the cake, I don't think there is a no fail way to remove a cake sticking to the pan. Try running a thin spatula all the way around the edge of the pan, pressing closer towards the outside of the pan. Try jiggling the pan side to side and see if it falls out. Or gently pry it out with a spatula. If a large piece sticks to the top of the pan, just piece the cake back together and cover with frosting. If this one recipe gives you more trouble than any other, you could line the pan with parchment paper next time. I won't argue with Indydebi about how to grease a pan!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%