Tylose Powder.... How Much?????

Decorating By Pama2d Updated 25 May 2008 , 1:04am by Cookies4kids

Pama2d Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pama2d Posted 24 May 2008 , 9:57pm
post #1 of 5

Well, I finally got some tylose powder to add to my gumpaste... hopefully this will solve my drying/hardening issues I've been having. Can somebody tell me how much powder to add to a pound of gumpaste?

4 replies
lutie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lutie Posted 24 May 2008 , 10:29pm
post #2 of 5

There is a thread on Cake Central that answers these questions... I cannot for the life of me get it to paste onto this email. So, the only way you can get to it is to go to "Search" and type in "tylose powder" or "fondant figures" ... it will come up... sorry I cannot be helping you better, but the site is acting funny again tonight.

diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 24 May 2008 , 10:38pm
post #3 of 5

http://www.confectioneryhouse.com/product.php?productid=8488

here's something about adding it to fondant. maybe it's the same amount for gumpaste.

bashini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bashini Posted 24 May 2008 , 10:42pm
post #4 of 5

Hi there, I use tylose/cmc powder with fondant to make gumpaste. Mix 1/2 a teaspoon to 250g of fondant. I haven't heard about mixing tylose with gumpaste. The other thing that you can do is mix 50/50 of fondant and gumpaste.

HTH. icon_smile.gif

Cookies4kids Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cookies4kids Posted 25 May 2008 , 1:04am
post #5 of 5

I add 1 tsp. Tylose to 12 oz of my MMF. I have done tons of cookies with this mix and just love it. If it should get a little stiff, just put it in the microwave for a few seconds. I don't know about gumpaste so maybe just try a small portion to see how it works.
Lily

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%