Need Help Quick

Decorating By dandelion56602 Updated 24 May 2008 , 9:35pm by roxxxy_luvs_duff

dandelion56602 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dandelion56602 Posted 24 May 2008 , 8:40pm
post #1 of 5

My church is having a promotion day (where kids move up to their next class) tomorrow. I wasn't worried b/c I thought it was next week. Now, I'm freaking out. Since I'm totally in a bind (don't have anything baked yet) I'm wanting to go as simple as possible. Any ideas? I'm planning on doing an 8", 6" & 4" tier.

4 replies
weirkd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weirkd Posted 24 May 2008 , 8:47pm
post #2 of 5

What about just doing a sheet cake instead of tiered? It would be easier to decorate. Then you could do just words on it like Way to Go and Movin'on up or something like that. Then just buy some of that candy confetti and throw it on top.

dandelion56602 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dandelion56602 Posted 24 May 2008 , 9:15pm
post #3 of 5

I've already started mixing & I was wanting to try some new cake/filling combos. I thought about it after the fact though

weirkd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weirkd Posted 24 May 2008 , 9:28pm
post #4 of 5

Hmmm. then I would go with something simple like a raspberry jam filling or strawberry shortcake filling. Then as far as decorating it I would still go simple with words or maybe have several different colors of icing and let them starting from the top pipe strings going down and then the confetti idea. I saw that on I believe a Martha Stewart show. It looked really cool and wasnt that hard to do or time consuming. Or browse her site and see if she has any other ideas you could use.

roxxxy_luvs_duff Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
roxxxy_luvs_duff Posted 24 May 2008 , 9:35pm
post #5 of 5

kids love cookies and cream filling. i usually do that filling with choc or marble cake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%