Sugarshack Stacking Dvd

Decorating By courtney1009 Updated 27 May 2008 , 11:40am by PattyT

courtney1009 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
courtney1009 Posted 24 May 2008 , 8:31pm
post #1 of 8

So I'm fairly new to CC and I keep seeing everyone post about the sugarshack successful stacking dvd. I'm very intrigued because everyone seems to like it and I almost bought it the other day. My question is I hear everyone talking about bubble straws and I'm wondering what they are and where to find them. I'm afraid of buying the dvd and not being able to find the supplies to stack the cakes. Are there any other odd supplies needed?

7 replies
bashini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bashini Posted 24 May 2008 , 10:52pm
post #2 of 8

Hi there, I bought all her DVD's and have learnt a lot form them. I still haven't seen the Stacking Video, so I don't what they look like. Since I'm in UK, I don't think I will be able find them here.

I can say one thing for sure is that I don't regret buying them, even though if I can't find all the equipments she uses, there's always some thing that I can find to use instead.

HTH. icon_smile.gif

mindywith3boys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mindywith3boys Posted 24 May 2008 , 11:46pm
post #3 of 8

You don't have to use the bubble tea straws. You can still use dowels. If you want to buy bubble tea straws, just do a search for bubble straws and you will find a thread about where you can buy them on line. There are only two other things that she uses that you might want to buy. One is those plastic cake rounds that wilton makes and the other is this tiny spatula that she sells on her web site. I bought one and it was worth it's weight in gold!

HTH! ~Mindy

Juds2323 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Juds2323 Posted 25 May 2008 , 4:08am
post #4 of 8

I just bought bubble tea straws off ebay from boba tea direct.

Judi

Michele25 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Michele25 Posted 25 May 2008 , 1:35pm
post #5 of 8

There are several online sites that sell the straws. Just type in "bubble tea straws" in your browser and you will get several results.

I just received sugarshack's videos and cannot wait to watch them!!!!!!!

sugarshack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarshack Posted 26 May 2008 , 9:06pm
post #6 of 8

you can use the bubble straws, wooden dowels, plastic dowels, hidden pillars, stress free rings, single plate systems... almost any stacking system you like with these techniques.

HTH

courtney1009 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
courtney1009 Posted 27 May 2008 , 11:19am
post #7 of 8

thanks! I'm so excited to order it!

PattyT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PattyT Posted 27 May 2008 , 11:40am
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juds2323

I just bought bubble tea straws off ebay from boba tea direct.

Judi

I got mine there too. Cheap and fast. And you can order small or large quantities.

Pat

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%