I Need A Good Chocolate Fondant Recipe...

Decorating By JoHannaBell Updated 26 May 2008 , 3:45pm by JoHannaBell

JoHannaBell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoHannaBell Posted 24 May 2008 , 7:49pm
post #1 of 7

I'm making a graduation cake for my sister in law, and i need a yummy chocolate fondant recipe. the only ones on CC dont have that many of good ratings. thanks!!! icon_biggrin.gif

6 replies
tracey1970 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracey1970 Posted 25 May 2008 , 3:20am
post #2 of 7

If you aren't committed to making your own, Satin Ice chocolate fondant gets good reviews. I haven't used it, but many who have say it tastes like tootsie rolls.

alicegop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alicegop Posted 25 May 2008 , 3:36am
post #3 of 7

ChefCindy buys the chocolate marshmallows from Target and makes MMF from it. Works! Tastes good

melrosa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melrosa Posted 25 May 2008 , 3:53am
post #4 of 7

Add 1/3 cup of sifted cocoa or 2 oz melted dark chocolate to your recipe for white MMF...its wonderful...I'm going to try the chocolate marshmello idea though! thank you!!!!!!!!

CakeDiva73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva73 Posted 25 May 2008 , 5:33am
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by alicegop

ChefCindy buys the chocolate marshmallows from Target and makes MMF from it. Works! Tastes good

This is what I have done....tastes very good. Needs a bit more dye or chocolate to give it a really deep brown but it's great.

marthajo1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marthajo1 Posted 25 May 2008 , 6:00am
post #6 of 7

I made the one from the cake wizard on here. I liked it. Tasted great and was pretty easy to work with.

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-2105-CHOCOLATE-ROLLED-FONDANT.html

JoHannaBell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoHannaBell Posted 26 May 2008 , 3:45pm
post #7 of 7

i had never even thought to use chocolate marshmellows. that is an excellent idea. i might add some more chocoalte to it to give it a more deeper color.... but i love using MMF and i'm so glad they make chocolate marshmellows now. thanks to everyone who gave a suggestion!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%