I Need A Good Chocolate Fondant Recipe...

Decorating By JoHannaBell Updated 26 May 2008 , 3:45pm by JoHannaBell

JoHannaBell Posted 24 May 2008 , 7:49pm
post #1 of 7

I'm making a graduation cake for my sister in law, and i need a yummy chocolate fondant recipe. the only ones on CC dont have that many of good ratings. thanks!!! icon_biggrin.gif

6 replies
tracey1970 Posted 25 May 2008 , 3:20am
post #2 of 7

If you aren't committed to making your own, Satin Ice chocolate fondant gets good reviews. I haven't used it, but many who have say it tastes like tootsie rolls.

alicegop Posted 25 May 2008 , 3:36am
post #3 of 7

ChefCindy buys the chocolate marshmallows from Target and makes MMF from it. Works! Tastes good

melrosa Posted 25 May 2008 , 3:53am
post #4 of 7

Add 1/3 cup of sifted cocoa or 2 oz melted dark chocolate to your recipe for white MMF...its wonderful...I'm going to try the chocolate marshmello idea though! thank you!!!!!!!!

CakeDiva73 Posted 25 May 2008 , 5:33am
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by alicegop

ChefCindy buys the chocolate marshmallows from Target and makes MMF from it. Works! Tastes good

This is what I have done....tastes very good. Needs a bit more dye or chocolate to give it a really deep brown but it's great.

marthajo1 Posted 25 May 2008 , 6:00am
post #6 of 7

I made the one from the cake wizard on here. I liked it. Tasted great and was pretty easy to work with.

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-2105-CHOCOLATE-ROLLED-FONDANT.html

JoHannaBell Posted 26 May 2008 , 3:45pm
post #7 of 7

i had never even thought to use chocolate marshmellows. that is an excellent idea. i might add some more chocoalte to it to give it a more deeper color.... but i love using MMF and i'm so glad they make chocolate marshmellows now. thanks to everyone who gave a suggestion!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%