What Happened With My No Fail Sugar Cookies?

Baking By dawn152 Updated 26 May 2008 , 2:37pm by dawn152

dawn152 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dawn152 Posted 24 May 2008 , 6:47pm
post #1 of 4

I made these and they cut out perfect and baked perfect but they didn't have much taste to them. They had a dry discuit taste to them if that makes any sense at all. I followed the recipe to a tee and I am so disappointed. I did leave the batch in the fridge overnight but I really don't think that is what happened. Has anyone else ever had this happen? The looked great but taste blah.

3 replies
JoAnnB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 24 May 2008 , 7:14pm
post #2 of 4

Welcome to Cake Central. some people do find the taste a bit blah

It helps to add more flavoring-vanilla and almond or lemon are good.

Be sure to add some flavor to your icing. It will help the overall taste.

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 24 May 2008 , 9:33pm
post #3 of 4

I found a better consistency of NFSC when I was able to weigh the flour instead of "cupping" the flour. I don't know where I got this figure, but I use 31.7 ounces of flour for one batch of NFSC. I find that the dough dries out too much when it isn't used right after mixing. Maybe one or both caused them to dry out (too much flour, dry dough) and become too biscuity?

dawn152 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dawn152 Posted 26 May 2008 , 2:37pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks so much for replying. I tried adding lemon to a batch I made and then I added almond to another batch I made and I really liked the almond taste much better. Then after I iced them with my royal icing I thought they were perfect. No I know just to add some almond. Thanks again!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%