Why Didn't She Leave It ???!!!

Decorating By lynseyg2002 Updated 27 May 2008 , 4:16am by Lacicakes

lynseyg2002 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lynseyg2002 Posted 24 May 2008 , 6:04pm
post #1 of 18

I delivered my second ever wedding cake this morning. I was so excited as I had been invited to the reception following earlier problems with her wedding flowers that I had delt with( the post for that problem is in this forum).
Anyway! I had taken the flowers and cakes up to the room in their boxes, told the owner I would set up the cakes, and then I went to get my cake stand.............Well, when I went back to the room, the owner had taken it upon herself to open all the boxes and basically throw the flowers and cakes on a table. Consequently she broke the flowers, and when I told her she had broken them a very BIG man roughly esorted me off the property and told me that I was banned from the place for calling them liars. Now I can't go to the reception, and my husband can't see the cake I have done!
(I have cut this story short because I was there for 2 hours trying to get an apology.)
I did go and see the bride and tell her what happened, and told her that if she wanted to claim off them, I still have the reciept. I was so upset I did cry because you all know how much hard work goes into a wedding cake, and for a stupid, idiotic stranger to ruin it doesn't bare thinking about.

There is a pic of the cake in my photos, but from the low angle you can't see the breaks. I'll wait for the bride to phone me tomorrow and see what she says, although she did say not to worry, but I do!!!!

17 replies
lynseyg2002 Posted 24 May 2008 , 6:12pm
post #2 of 18

The pic is not showing yet but it should be on the site soon !!

chutzpah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chutzpah Posted 24 May 2008 , 6:18pm
post #3 of 18

OMG!!!!

I can't believe they threw you out! AFTER they broke your lovely flowers. I wonder what the couple is going to say about this!

People are just such buttheads.

apetricek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
apetricek Posted 24 May 2008 , 6:27pm
post #4 of 18

you poor thing...I really hope that the bride makes a stink about this, and that there is some kind of apology as a refund for all of that. How unprofessional of them! What gave them the right to even touch them??? I hope that the bride doesn't end up having more issues with them for her sake! I would call the venue and try and speak to whom ever is in charge, or owns/runs the place. I would tell them the situation, and hope to get a well deserved apology from them!!! I am sure it was beautiful, I will check out your pics!

Cakebelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakebelle Posted 24 May 2008 , 8:58pm
post #5 of 18

Aaawww you poor dear! Some people can be such KNUCKLEHEADS- it's totally amazing!!!!!!!! dunce.gif

AmyGonzalez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AmyGonzalez Posted 24 May 2008 , 9:18pm
post #6 of 18

icon_mad.gif The nerve of some people! icon_mad.gif

Your cake is beautifully and elegantly done! congrats! icon_biggrin.gif

weirkd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weirkd Posted 24 May 2008 , 9:40pm
post #7 of 18

You poor thing! I cant believe how some of these people act. You pay big bucks to have your events at these places and they act like their doing YOU a favor by having it there!
I recently had a cake delivery and had a problem with my van's air conditioning. The weather was exstremely hot and I had asked the reception site to refrigerate the cake for a short period before the reception began. And the guy flat out ignored me and cut me off asking what the extra tub of whipped cream was for. I told him that the bride had requested it and he laughed and said that he wasnt going to serve it to 150 guests! Then I had given a prestamped box for the brides mother to mail me back my stress free support system and they never bothered to give her that either!
I made sure that both the bride and the mother of the bride knew what had happened.
Its just a shame that there are people out there like that. Esecially for the money you dish out for these places.

roxxxy_luvs_duff Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
roxxxy_luvs_duff Posted 24 May 2008 , 9:42pm
post #8 of 18

You should have called the police on that man if he placed his hands on you. That is so uncalled for!!!!! I would go to the reception anyways. Go in disguise icon_smile.gif

antonia74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
antonia74 Posted 24 May 2008 , 9:51pm
post #9 of 18

If he'd have laid a finger on me I would have kicked him in the goolies and broken HIS flower! icon_lol.gif

(Sorry that happened to you though. icon_sad.gif )

bigmama1961 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bigmama1961 Posted 24 May 2008 , 9:55pm
post #10 of 18

Very pretty cake,you never know what people will do. That sounds like something a kid would do not a grown women. I know you were mad.I would have been. More so if he touched me..I would'nt kept my cool, I got him by his (BALLS) and squeezed thim like I was makeing lemonade...

Homemade-Goodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Homemade-Goodies Posted 24 May 2008 , 10:08pm
post #11 of 18

@antonia74 - LOLOLOL, I bet you would, too!!!

Lynsey, really sorry to hear all this happened....what a bunch of unprofessional goons!

diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 25 May 2008 , 4:54am
post #12 of 18

what jerks! icon_razz.gif
seems like they are trying to cover their mistake by throwing you out. icon_eek.gif

lynseyg2002 Posted 25 May 2008 , 9:00am
post #13 of 18

Thanks all for your support, I didn't go to the reception. I didn't want to spoil her day anymore than it already was. I told I have got her a card and present but I will give it to her when I collect my stand and servers......(hopefully they won't be damaged, so help me if they are!!!!!!)

grama_j Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grama_j Posted 25 May 2008 , 10:48am
post #14 of 18

Lysney...... I cannot IMAGINE this nightmare after you worked soooo hard on this wedding. Everthing turned out SO beautiful ! Exactly who was it that ruined the flowers and told you that you couldn't come to the reception ? Was it a relative of the bride, or what ? NO ONE could tell you that except the bride, and SHE is the one that invited you ! I just can't believe this entire thing...... I wish I could give you a hug ! ((( HUGS )))) that will have to do for now....... Please let me know what the bride has to say about this entire affair......

lynseyg2002 Posted 25 May 2008 , 1:14pm
post #15 of 18

It was the owner of the club that threw me out. They even told me that I am banned completly, but the bride is going to see them today to complain so I'll keep you all posted.

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 25 May 2008 , 1:28pm
post #16 of 18

Holy smokes icon_eek.gif You poor thing.
I would have taken that guy down to the ground and stomped the snot out of him.

Scox Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Scox Posted 25 May 2008 , 2:01pm
post #17 of 18

I saw the pics you have postes and your flowers are awsome! I still can't believe they touched your boxes.

Lacicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lacicakes Posted 27 May 2008 , 4:16am
post #18 of 18

well if that is the way the owner of an estabishments acts then good luck keeping his business open for very long. Idiots shouldn't try to run a business. If he laid his hands on you then you should just go kick him right in his puppy. I feel aweful that you had to go through that aweful experience. It's enough to make me want to cuss. icon_mad.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%