Throwdown Voting Begins!! Brandisbaked Vs Cocorum21

Decorating By Teekakes Updated 3 Jun 2008 , 2:04pm by BrandisBaked

cocorum21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cocorum21 Posted 31 May 2008 , 7:22pm
post #91 of 103

Brandi, your cake was simply AMAZING! I think it's safe to go ahead and say that I got my butt kicked, thank you very much. But, (*dum dum dum*)I'll be waiting in the shadows for a rematch! icon_lol.gif
LL
LL

CakesByLJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesByLJ Posted 31 May 2008 , 7:31pm
post #92 of 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocorum21

Brandi, your cake was simply AMAZING! I think it's safe to go ahead and say that I got my butt kicked, thank you very much. But, (*dum dum dum*)I'll be waiting in the shadows for a rematch! icon_lol.gif

Well then....... my congrats to Brandi~! Your cake was beautiful and expertly decorated... With all due respect cocorum21... this was not a landslide, and you should be proud of your cake too... I loved it, and debated a long time before casting my vote icon_biggrin.gif
Both of you can celebrate... you deserve it party.gif

BrandisBaked Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BrandisBaked Posted 31 May 2008 , 7:40pm
post #93 of 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocorum21

Awww... well, thank you. I still think yours was better executed... and like I told you in PM, people who think they know my "style" were SURE that I had done the sculpted cake. icon_smile.gif

I will be doing a tutorial on the hibiscus, because I had such trouble finding good instructions - and my first attempts were very embarrassing! The third try was the charm though, and I got lucky that I had an orchid petal mold. Figuring out how to make a decent looking flower was the most difficult part of this cake. I'll probably post a few photos on the bamboo as well if anyone is interested. I am really pleased with how it turned out.

Overall, I was disappointed with my cake since I didn't get to do my topper, so after taking pictures for the competition, I kept working on it and will post photos into my gallery of the way it looked after finishing it the way I had originally intended. I didn't start as early as I should have, and too much drama popped up that week. Y'all know how it is, eh?

Anyway, I want to thank you, Coco (hey, I don't know your real name! What's up with that?!?) - it was great fun, and you did an awesome job. I'll be ready for the re-match whenever you are. icon_wink.gif

Thanks also to Lea for doing the posting, and everyone else involved. LOADS of fun!!!

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 31 May 2008 , 7:46pm
post #94 of 103

I think you both did a fabulous job on your respective cakes! Wow! I'm still very impressed by them both and by your work, in general. You're both very talented.

Congratulations to Brandi on winning the TD!

Daisys_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Daisys_Cakes Posted 31 May 2008 , 7:55pm
post #95 of 103

Congrats Brandibaked can you PMme when your turtorial is up?

Thanks!

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 1 Jun 2008 , 7:29pm
post #96 of 103

I wanted to say congrats .. to BOTH of you icon_smile.gif

Your cakes are truly amazing!!!
Also I wanted to say.. I have NO clue why Lea didn't show up but I am truly for sure something must of happened icon_sad.gif .. let's just hope she is ok!

So with that CONGRATS guys icon_smile.gif

BrandisBaked Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 5:35am
post #97 of 103

I did a little video on the hibiscus flowers... it's at:

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 6:03am
post #98 of 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandisBaked

That was so cool! It was great firstly, getting to see a face to go with your name. icon_smile.gif And your hibiscus turned out beautifully (at least what you got up to on the video icon_wink.gif ). Very nice of you to share that. Now I can't wait to run to Michaels and buy one silk hibiscus. lol Actually, I'll buy a few.......but that is such a great idea! Again, thanks.

BrandisBaked Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 6:11am
post #99 of 103

Actually, I had to buy a 5 ft long garland of them for about $10 - but I had my Michael's coupon so that made it a little better. icon_smile.gif

And having so many helps when you're doing multiple flowers. I was getting really frustrated trying to figure out how to get them the proper shape, and was looking at floral formers on other sites - but they are far more expensive than the silk flowers, and you don't get as many.

revel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
revel Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 6:47am
post #100 of 103

Both cakes are awesome! But i have to say that i was pretty sure who's cake was who's(if that makes sense) i've seen some of Brandi figurines before and knew that wasn't her style!
Brandi i'd love to see your singing video!

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 7:06am
post #101 of 103

For $10 you should buy a whole bunch of them and stop playing your free video on youtube, then you can sell the video with the 'flower formers' and make a profit! lol (Always thinking!) icon_lol.gif

Again, thanks for sharing that with us.

CakesByLJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesByLJ Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 11:26am
post #102 of 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandisBaked

Great video....... thanks so much for sharing~!

BrandisBaked Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 2:04pm
post #103 of 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by revel

Brandi i'd love to see your singing video!

LOL! You say that NOW... heh.

I have no talent for singing. I just love to have fun. icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%