Throwdown Begins!!!! Sugar_Plum_Fairy Vs. Marthajo1

Decorating By wgoat5 Updated 3 Jun 2008 , 5:31pm by marthajo1

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 30 May 2008 , 4:08am
post #61 of 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by marthajo1

I know--- you are crazy!! Go work on a cake or sumpin! We gotta practice if we are going to catch up with Edna!

I think I need another lifetime to catch up with Edna! icon_cry.gif

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 30 May 2008 , 3:21pm
post #62 of 82

A hot new dance craze called: "Doin the BUMP!"

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 30 May 2008 , 10:09pm
post #63 of 82

Hey, all you cool Cats and Kitties, time to dance to a new beat, so listen up and start the BUMP!

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 31 May 2008 , 5:28am
post #64 of 82

Okay, last one for......well, forever! lol icon_wink.gif

marthajo1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marthajo1 Posted 31 May 2008 , 6:53am
post #65 of 82

So when is it official?

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 31 May 2008 , 7:09am
post #66 of 82

I believe 10am (don't remember what time zone though). lol

Yeah, I know.....big help! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif Probably Pacific Time.

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 31 May 2008 , 6:46pm
post #67 of 82

Ok sorry guys I am late icon_sad.gif

The winner with 286 votes is Sugar_Plum_Fairy (Grace) Great job on the lighthouse it still has be in awe..

And I LOVE the beach bag Martha!!!!!!!! Cute as can be!!!!!

I have TRULY enjoyed working with both of you gals !!!!

big ole country (((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))) to ya !!!!

Oh yes.. instead of pushing for the poll to end on Sat. I must of did neverending poll icon_sad.gif sorry icon_sad.gif

CakesByLJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesByLJ Posted 31 May 2008 , 6:50pm
post #68 of 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by wgoat5

Ok sorry guys I am late icon_sad.gif

The winner with 286 votes is Sugar_Plum_Fairy (Grace) Great job on the lighthouse it still has be in awe..

And I LOVE the beach bag Martha!!!!!!!! Cute as can be!!!!!

I have TRULY enjoyed working with both of you gals !!!!

big ole country (((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))) to ya !!!!

Oh yes.. instead of pushing for the poll to end on Sat. I must of did neverending poll icon_sad.gif sorry icon_sad.gif

Well congratulations to Grace party.gifparty.gifparty.gif
I must commend both Grace and Martha on a job well done.. you are both winners in my eyes~! judge.gifjudge.gif

BrandisBaked Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BrandisBaked Posted 31 May 2008 , 7:04pm
post #69 of 82

Congratulations!!!

I loved the lighthouse, but what really caught my eye was all the sea life on the side of the cake! When I was younger (before children), I used to dream of being the next Jacques Cousteau (actually, I wanted to be the next Eugenie Clark, but y'all have probably never heard of her). I read every book I could get my hands on and would be mesmerized by the photos of whales and fish.

I got that same mesmerized feeling looking at your cake - it was just that good, and brought back a lot of memories for me. icon_smile.gif

I would like to say that other cake was great too! But the fishies have a special place in my heart.

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 31 May 2008 , 7:17pm
post #70 of 82

Thanks so much, Christi. You were a great emcee, and I apprecieate all the work you did for this TD (and the others as well).

Thank you so much, Martha. You immediately accepted my challenge and came out swinging. I seriously had to contemplate which cake to vote for once I saw yours! Your work has always impressed me! I really do think your TD cake was extremely well done and, as usual, you paid great attention to detail. Also, throughout, you have been such a great sport and a great CC co-member.

Laura/CakesbyLJ, thank you for your support and congrats. And you also, BrandisB. Yeah, those fish were fun to do! As were the Atlantic White-sided dolphins. I actually went online to find photos of marine left common to the Atlantic ocean/NJ Shore area to try and be as accurate as possible.

I'm still surprised (since last Sat.) at how well my cake has done. I really didn't expect to win, but I was hopeful! I tried to make my lighthouse as accurately as possible - that cake was for my, and DH's, 15th wedding anniversary. He proposed to me at the top of the Cape May Point Lighthouse, so there was special meaning in doing it and I believe that inspiration really helped me.
LL

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 31 May 2008 , 7:33pm
post #71 of 82

Oh, almost forgot:
LL

marthajo1 Posted 31 May 2008 , 7:54pm
post #72 of 82

Woohoo--- if I had to lose I am so glad it was to your amazing cake!! So many time consuming details!! Congratulations!!

And thanks to all ya'll who said nice things about my cake on the thread... I had trouble coming up with something to say to myself when I saw Grace's cake! icon_lol.gif But I was pleased with how my cake came out!! So watch out next year when I can be challenged again!!! I am coming out roaring!!

janine1972 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janine1972 Posted 2 Jun 2008 , 3:12pm
post #73 of 82

Grace - CONGRATULATIONS!!! Your cake was awesome!!! Loved all the details and the construction ! Great job and amazing work!!

Marthajo1 - I loved your cake too - so Congratulations, on such a beautiful cake too!! loved the suntan lotion bit - realistic looking!!

You both did wonderful cakes - an inspiration to us!!

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 2 Jun 2008 , 3:34pm
post #74 of 82

Thank you, Janine.

I actually thought it was really nice of Martha to add the suncreen in her cake, you know the one with the homage to me written upon it! icon_wink.gificon_lol.gif

janine1972 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janine1972 Posted 2 Jun 2008 , 3:37pm
post #75 of 82

lol, Grace - lol

I loved the detailing on your cake - and am in awe of your work - and if you still did all that after the cat ate some - I am amazed!!! Great work

Can i come for lessons??? lol

marthajo1 Posted 2 Jun 2008 , 4:16pm
post #76 of 82

icon_lol.gif Grace!!

I am going to post my cake link here I have been checking your photos so I could post one to yours but you don't have it there yet....... Hint,Hint!

Here is mine though.....
http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1228107

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 2 Jun 2008 , 4:47pm
post #77 of 82

Yeah, I know. I was having computer problems. I have to work on it now, but I'm trying to dig out of some e-mail first. icon_wink.gif

marthajo1 Posted 2 Jun 2008 , 5:37pm
post #78 of 82

icon_lol.gif Yeah ! I am supposed to be working on 5 dozen cookies for my brother to give to clients today! I made a mistake and am using glace instead of my usual fondant! UGH! I would be done right now if I had used fondant!

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 2 Jun 2008 , 6:31pm
post #79 of 82

If it's not one thing, it's another!

Well, I redid my photo collage - what a PITA! Here's the link:
http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo-1228310.html

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 6:56am
post #80 of 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by janine1972

lol, Grace - lol

I loved the detailing on your cake - and am in awe of your work - and if you still did all that after the cat ate some - I am amazed!!! Great work

Can i come for lessons??? lol

Thanks, Janine! BTW, the part my cat ate was the first three anemones I had made. Rolling those little pieces of fondantfor tentacles and laying them over little pieces of paper towel and then gluing them to a little stump (of fondant) and trying to get them to look like they're gracefully floating in the current, was NOT fun! lol Of course I had to do those three over and make the rest of them (too many, but I wanted spares in case of breakage and two did break).

Here's what they look like in the photo I found (may as well get some more use out of it). Hee hee.
LL

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 6:57am
post #81 of 82

Hey, Martha, did you finish those cookies yet? Did you save me some or give them all to your brother?

marthajo1 Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 5:31pm
post #82 of 82

I gave them all to my brother but he tipped me good so thats cool!! He just called me to tell me that the account LOvED them and the manager took two of my business cards and said that her DD's bday is coming up!! WooHoo!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%