I am so frusterated! I am trying to make a monogram for a wedding cake for tomorrow. I am trying to make it out of candy melts. I have the mold and I warm the melts and put in the mold and put it in the fridge for a few minuets and take it out and it cracks every time!
I have tried 5 times already and don't know what to do. I am so tired I just want to cry and go to bed.
Any help would be so great.
I would suggest adding a very tiny bit of oil and also letting it harden at room temperature and not in the fridge. I have had more success with that.
Thanks, I will try that.
Has anyone ever used gumpaste in a candy mold? If so, would you dust it with cornstarch first?
I have used MMF in a candy/soap mold. I would just try a little crisco. It did work. I would try the chocolate at room temp first though.
i do all the time i just lube them up with a bit of spam or any cooking spray like that. If u like roll the fondant a bit them put it inside the mold making sure it covers every detail and wait for it to dry a bit before removing
I finally had success last night. Now I am up to finish the cakes.
Have a great weekend!
i do all the time i just lube them up with a bit of spam
LOL. I know this was a very simple typo, but I just had to say THANK YOU!! I am stuck on the sofa with a leg injury, hurting and feeling sorry for myself. This made me laugh so hard! What a mental image. lol
Just wanted to update you on the monogram.
Thanks for the advice of not putting in the fridge. Room temp. worked great. I have only been doing cakes for 1 year and still have so much to learn.
Here is a pic of the cake with the monogram.
It is beautiful! The monogram is perfect