Need Help! Witch With A Capital "c"

Decorating By mommyle Updated 29 May 2008 , 6:37am by sarahnichole975

mommyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommyle Posted 24 May 2008 , 12:29am
post #1 of 21

Actually, it's me. Long story. I sent a parcel for my dad's 71st on Sunday. Promised Friday delivery. Not there yet. Called the store that I sent it from. "Oh I pushed the wrong button and it went ground instead of rush" I totally lost it. "I am so sorry" and I knew she was, but I must be pregnant (okay, probably not, but SUPER hormonal!!!) I'm not accepting any of it, and all she can do is apologize. Offers my money back. I am crying on the phone (It's only a present for crying out loud). She is SO apologetic. I say, just forget it, forget it, forget it.... Ok. I am the worst person in the world. and I know it. and she knows it, but doesn't say it. oh yes, and she says "I know how important parents are, both of mine are gone now." cry even more... "We are all human, it's a human error!" ok, well my husband and a few other that you know are possibly robotic, or even alien with their emotions... Yup, it's official, I'm the worst person in the world.

AND THEN>>>>

My dad calls and says that he can pick up the parcel tomorrow at the depot (they are rural). Now I'm crying even more.

I call the service back and spend about 5 minutes on the phone with the poor girl and this time i'm crying and apologizing. She is sympathetic. I probably made her go home and slit her wrists. or drink to oblivion. I hate myself.

SO....

What cake says I'm sorry the best??? chocolate with chocolate ganache??? carrot??? lemon??? 'cause i'm such a sourpus??? How do I decorate it????

And why the heck can't I stand up to people when it counts, but I can give the UPS lady all heck????

20 replies
mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 24 May 2008 , 12:46am
post #2 of 21

You probably have the weight of the world on your shoulders right now and if your anything like me you let it pile up huge until one day you just explode. It happens, even though we don't want it too. Your human and humans make mistakes.

If you want to get her something get her a gift card somewhere. She may be allergic to certain items, just the safer route to go.

I too have done this, I know you feel like poop but it will be ok.

diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 24 May 2008 , 3:15am
post #3 of 21

like dr. phil says...you can stand up for yourself without being mean. i don't know if you were or not, but if you feel you were, just apologize, but don't ever think you should not stand up for yourself. i think i would be crying to if i told my dad i was sending his gift and it didn't arrive. icon_redface.gif

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 25 May 2008 , 2:39am
post #4 of 21

What word substitutes for "witch" that begins with "c?"

I don't understand your title at all.

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 25 May 2008 , 2:55am
post #5 of 21

You poor thing! Obviously you didn't mean it - it just happened at the wrong time and to the person that deserved a lighter version of what she got.

You're obviously very sorry. Let her know and if you feel you must, get her a card and maybe a very small (4" or 6") cake. Nothing too fancy (as a pp said, who knows about allergies) and enclose a card stating ingredients.

Now don't worry about it too much more. That was your accident, like hitting the wrong button was hers.

{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}

dragonflydreams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dragonflydreams Posted 25 May 2008 , 3:05am
post #6 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cakepro

. . . I'm not sure if this is a type-o or not . . . but I used to tell my sister she was a "witch" with a capital "B" icon_redface.giftapedshut.gificon_redface.gif . . . many, many, many years later she confided in me that she didn't get it at the time . . . she secretly just thought I was a lousy speller (which I am) . . . I can't help but laugh when I think of all the times I thought I was giving her the biggest put down and she was secretly thinking I was just an idiot . . . my insult was lost on her (served me right icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif )

as for the OP . . . anything you decide to make for the lady will surely be more than she is expecting . . . WAY MORE. . . just go with your heart . . . I know I'd be blown away if anyone did this for me (and chances are she may not even remember the incident - not trying to minimize your concerns - but people in this type of business deal with rude customers regularly [did I just call you rude tapedshut.gif]) . . . anyway . . . like I said, go with your heart . . . and bless you for trying to make it right . . . thumbs_up.gif

mommyle Posted 25 May 2008 , 4:58am
post #7 of 21
Quote:

Teeheehee.

It's a DHW thing. She's all loaded up and has just been a Witch with a capital "B", and instead says that she was a *itch with a capital C. made me laugh, and really brightens my day when I feel like one.

Thank you so much for your replies. You guys make me feel a lot better. I've made the chocolate cake, and I'm in the middle of whipped chocolate ganache. put a fondant bow on top, and hopefully she won't have to go into therapy because of me!!! I would NOT want a postal job EVER!!! I'd for sure be the one going "postal".

My brother is in gambling rehab right now, and even when I had just cancelled a wedding and THEN found out I was pregnant and STILL wouldn't go through with the wedding, I was STILL the "good kid". And I know it's just a gift, but to have my dad have NOTHING from us to open on his birthday would have been just a little disappointing for him, and for the "good one" to have disappointed... oy vey!!! And the hormones. Really. I just don't know.

So now I'm having cake and going to bed.

Thanks so much for all your support and help.

Etta1025 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Etta1025 Posted 27 May 2008 , 6:28pm
post #8 of 21

It happens to us all! One Christmas morning our power suddenly went out. No bad storms, no snow (I live in a very warm area), no nothing -- just went out. I called the power company and pitched a fit, hoping they would get it fixed quickly. We had 20 people on the way over for lunch. I hung up the phone, and thought "boy, you were just a real @itch!" Here I was, having a perfectly lovely morning opening gifts with my family, and I had just cursed out some poor person who was working on Christmas, probably there all alone. I felt absolutely horrible!!!

mommyle Posted 27 May 2008 , 7:42pm
post #9 of 21

And so it goes...
I had asked her co-worked when she was working next (I had the cake plan in mind) and she told me Tuesday. So I made a 6" chocolate with chocolate ganache cake and white chocolate polka-dots, and wrote a little card. Bought a proper box to put it in and all. And she has the week off. She went to Toronto. UGH!!! I tried. The karma was against me. But I do feel better. Good grief! Next time I should just hold my tougue!!!

twooten173 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twooten173 Posted 27 May 2008 , 7:55pm
post #10 of 21

You can send me the cake. It sounds yummy!

sweetflowers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetflowers Posted 27 May 2008 , 8:06pm
post #11 of 21

Just think... you were probably the subject of HER post on a postal workers message board!!!

Just kidding icon_smile.gif At least you tried, I would have dropped off the cake anyway! You'll just have to let it go now know you did what you could to make things better.

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 27 May 2008 , 8:39pm
post #12 of 21

Oh, good grief. Sometimes it doesn't pay to even try! lol Just send a card! icon_smile.gif

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 27 May 2008 , 8:41pm
post #13 of 21

Oh, good grief. Sometimes it doesn't pay to even try! lol Just send a card! icon_smile.gif

Iheartcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Iheartcake Posted 27 May 2008 , 8:59pm
post #14 of 21

I think the fact that you called back to apologize means more than you might think. I work at a call center and belive me.. people have a lot more fight in them when it's not face-to-face.. and I don't think anyone has Ever apologized for getting upset.. heck, not many even acknowledge good customer service, let alone apologize for getting irate. If this same situation had happened with me on the other end of the line, and you called back to apologize.. it would totally brighten my day and would be one of those stories you pass around to your co-workers.

weirkd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weirkd Posted 27 May 2008 , 9:15pm
post #15 of 21

Yah, most people wouldnt of gone through the trouble of making a cake for them. I think just calling back and apologizing was enough.
And the funny thing when I saw the post with the capital "C" I didnt think Biatch, I thought the other no-no word that rhymed with runt!!! I was like OH MY!!! :0

mommyle Posted 28 May 2008 , 2:29am
post #16 of 21

Someone is going to have to explain Karma to me.
The UPS lady's cake I took to the school and gave to the guy who is in charge of accounts, because this whole year he has had to hold our cheques for just a couple of weeks, but it screws up their bank deposit (becuase I'm an idiot and phone at the last minute). So to say "sorry" to HIM I brought him the cake. The ladies at the front desk say "Well, where is OUR cake???" jokingly. so I came home and pumped out two little cakes for them. I know, I'm a sucker.
So tonight one of the lady's DH calls, and wants a cake for Thursday (not really a problem) and will pay ANYTHING for a cake with a centaur with a baby's head and a helicopter somewhere. So now I am making a $200 3-D baby/centaur with a helicopter beanie on it's head, and helicopter tatoos on it's arms.
I should have just mailed the cake to twooten173. I'll know better for next time!!!

Mike1394 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mike1394 Posted 28 May 2008 , 12:18pm
post #17 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyle

Someone is going to have to explain Karma to me.
The UPS lady's cake I took to the school and gave to the guy who is in charge of accounts, because this whole year he has had to hold our cheques for just a couple of weeks, but it screws up their bank deposit (becuase I'm an idiot and phone at the last minute). So to say "sorry" to HIM I brought him the cake. The ladies at the front desk say "Well, where is OUR cake???" jokingly. so I came home and pumped out two little cakes for them. I know, I'm a sucker.
So tonight one of the lady's DH calls, and wants a cake for Thursday (not really a problem) and will pay ANYTHING for a cake with a centaur with a baby's head and a helicopter somewhere. So now I am making a $200 3-D baby/centaur with a helicopter beanie on it's head, and helicopter tatoos on it's arms.
I should have just mailed the cake to twooten173. I'll know better for next time!!!

Take some pics of that cake. A baby's haed, Centaur, and a helicopter. OH BOY I wouldn't even know how to go about assembling those three on a cake. Good Luck.

Mike

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 28 May 2008 , 6:57pm
post #18 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyle

... cake with a centaur with a baby's head and a helicopter somewhere. So now I am making a $200 3-D baby/centaur with a helicopter beanie on it's head, and helicopter tatoos on it's arms.

Is the person ordering the cake dropping acid or what?!

I can't even begin to envision such a thing.

CAN'T WAIT TO SEE PICS! LOL

mommyle Posted 28 May 2008 , 7:27pm
post #19 of 21

well, here it is in cake. I still need to fill, crumb-coat and fondant, but I thought you might like to see the progress!!! Thank goodness for the cuddly bear pan!!!
LL

mommyle Posted 29 May 2008 , 6:02am
post #20 of 21

And this is the baby centaur. Wierd. But I know he'll love it!!!
LL

sarahnichole975 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarahnichole975 Posted 29 May 2008 , 6:37am
post #21 of 21
Quote:

Is the person ordering the cake dropping acid or what?!

I can't even begin to envision such a thing.

CAN'T WAIT TO SEE PICS! LOL

LMAO!!!! icon_lol.gif He's been in the fields eating happy 'shrooms.

The cake turned out great though, in an odd, huh, confusing kinda way. Good job, I'd have needed some happy 'shrooms myself I think to have even envisioned it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%