Anyone Have A Bright White Butter Cream Recipe?

Decorating By Anna31 Updated 23 May 2008 , 9:04pm by mcdonald

Anna31 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Anna31 Posted 23 May 2008 , 8:56pm
post #1 of 2

I just finished a big wedding cake. I decided I HATE my frosting! It gave me such fits I am ready to kick it to the curb!!!! I need a new recipe that has no butter and preferably no egg whites and is a true WHITE color. Anyone have one you are willing to share? I looked in the recipes but didn't find what I was looking for. icon_smile.gif

Anna

1 reply
mcdonald Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcdonald Posted 23 May 2008 , 9:04pm
post #2 of 2

this is one from this site that I have used before... makes a nice icing!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Brite White Buttercream Icing

Serves/Yields: 8 cups
Prep. Time:
Cook Time:
Category: Frostings
Difficulty: Easy

This is a very good stable and tempature proven icing. It crusts very well, makes great flowers and decorations, colors very well and tastes great. It is a true bakery grade buttercream icing. I recommend using the exact ingredients for best results. The ingredients are all commercial bakery grade and provide wonderful results.

7 cups 6x powdered sugar (very important to use 6x)
1 cup Hi Ratio Shortening
1/2 cup water
2 TBS. Icing Base (Sometimes called Brite White)
1/2 tea. popcorn salt
1 to 2 tea. Magic Line Creme Bouquet
2 drops Vinegar ( stops cracking of icing)

1. Place the Hi Ratio, Icing Base, Water, Flavoring and Vinegar in the bottom of your mixer bowl.

2. Pour the dry ingredients on top of the wet ingredients starting with the Powdered Sugar.

3. Add your paddle attachment to your mixer and on the slowest speed mix the ingredients for 2 minutes.

4. Scrape the sides if needed.

5. Turn mixer up 1 notch from the lowest setting and mix for 3 to 5 minutes more.

*This icing is shelf stable for 6 months.
*If you store this icing, before use just mix on low speed to fluff back up to original consistency.
*If storing for a longer period add the vinegar at time of use.
*You can add any flavoring you like to this icing.
*To make a cream cheese icing add softened and whipped cream cheese plus 1/4 cup powdered sugar directly to the icing. You can add 1 stick of butter or magarine to this with 1/4 cup powdered sugar as well

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%