Icing Bleeds/seeps Water?

Decorating By GarciaGM

GarciaGM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GarciaGM Posted 23 May 2008 , 8:13pm
post #1 of 1

Hi guys, there may be other posts on this, but frankly, the CC search function doesn't work well for me and it's easier to post a new thread.

I iced a cake last night with my Whipped Cream Cheese icing (similar to Stabilized Whipped Cream, but with Cream Cheese too) and used some leftover Crusting Cream Cheese icing to do a border and writing. I didn't use the whipped icing for piping because I have heard it doesn't take some colors well, and I was going for a royal blue. I keep cakes with whipped icing in the fridge, and when I got up this morning, my blue borders and writing had bled or "seeped" water onto the white icing. It looked like I could just use a paper towel to clean up those areas, but that just didn't work because it still left the blue color behind. The water I'm talking about is not what I've seen other people call "bleeding" where JUST the color bleeds. This was actually blue-tinted water that had seeped from my blue icing and was "standing" on the white icing. Could this be a condensation issue because of the fridge? I've used the crusting icing before for piping onto the whipped cream icing and haven't had this problem. Any thoughts would be much appreciated!!!

Michelle

0 replies

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%