Need Idea For Eagle Cookie Cutter

Baking By shanasweets Updated 25 May 2008 , 2:02pm by 7yyrt

shanasweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanasweets Posted 23 May 2008 , 5:49pm
post #1 of 8

My son is a Eagle Scout and we are having his court of honor in a couple weeks. I bought the official Eagle Scout cookie Cutter. It is Eagle shaped with the wings out wide. It is quite large also. I have no clue as to how to decorate this. I have tried googling with no luck and there cataloge doesn't give any ideas. I am not that great at the details, and don't think I could actually do an eagle without seeing some example. Would love some ideas please. thanks

7 replies
TooMuchCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TooMuchCake Posted 23 May 2008 , 6:38pm
post #2 of 8

Congratulations to your son! My son will get his Eagle at our fall Court of Honor. For a friend's son who got his Eagle last year, I got the eagle head cutter and decorated those for him. Lots less work than the whole bird, LOL.

Let me see if I can find a pic of those; I'll be right back.

Deanna

TooMuchCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TooMuchCake Posted 23 May 2008 , 6:45pm
post #3 of 8

Here are the eagle head cookies I made last year. I flooded the yellow, brown and white (letting each crust before adding the next area!) and then went back and added the details. If I were doing a whole bird, I'd say maybe just do the whole body and wings in brown, the tail and head in white, and then go back and add feather lines and yellow beak and feet.

HTH,
Deanna
LL

wyckedwytch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wyckedwytch Posted 24 May 2008 , 3:11pm
post #4 of 8

Here's the eagle scout logo I found online. I think if you google eagles they will give you color options.
LL

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 24 May 2008 , 4:10pm
post #5 of 8

Congrats on the Eagle Scout! My twins are double Eagles (highest award in Scouting and again for Venturing). If I were to be doing these cookies, I would decorate them with a flag motif. Ice the top half blue. Ice the bottom half white. Once the icing has set, add red stripes to the bottom and white dots for stars to the top. They look very patriotic and perfect for an Eagle Court of Honor.

MessiET Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MessiET Posted 25 May 2008 , 12:49am
post #6 of 8

sltoklahoma: Congratulations on your son making Eagle! I can't wait until mine get their Eagle too. They are close.

I too bought the official Eagle cookie cutter but have not really thought of how to decorate the cookies. I just wanted to be ready icon_lol.gif

GeminiRJ: what a great idea!!

bakinccc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakinccc Posted 25 May 2008 , 2:02am
post #7 of 8

My son just did his eagle project too and when he has his ceremony I'm going to make cookies. I have a whole eagle cutter from one of those huge wilton sets which is not as big as the one at the scout store. I think I'd rather make a bunch of smaller ones than the bigger ones. Also have a fleur de lis cutter (smaller) that I'll use too.

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 25 May 2008 , 2:02pm
post #8 of 8

I'm not sure if this is the right cutter, but I found this -
http://www.flickr.com/photos/eclipsepics/366615303/in/set-72057594057743681/

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%