Need Flavor Combination Ideas

Decorating By hotmamatigger Updated 23 May 2008 , 5:53pm by becky27

hotmamatigger Posted 23 May 2008 , 4:42pm
post #1 of 7

I'm making a celebration cake for our Bible Study leader who is stepping down after five years.

It's going to be a three tiered cake with a cascade of garden flowers (going to use bright colors to keep it from looking like a wedding cake). I've never done fruit fillings on a cake, but I'm going to do this for her. She's not a chocolate fan either, so my choices are limited. I'm trying to come up with flavor options for the cakes and filling that will please her and still suit the guests, primarily older ladies who are very liberal in dosing out their opinions!

My cake baking right now is limited to and due to other time constraints won't branch out past box mix with a pudding booster.

My ideas so far for flavor combos (I guess for all cakes not just this one):
White cake with white choc pudding and raspberry filling
Choc/choc with strawberry
Yellow/vanilla with blueberries

Thank you for all your help!

Elizabeth

6 replies
bevyd Posted 23 May 2008 , 4:49pm
post #2 of 7

White cake with a mixture of lemon&pineapple.

jessfmaldonado Posted 23 May 2008 , 4:51pm
post #3 of 7

I think those flavors sound delicious!!! thumbs_up.gif

ziggytarheel Posted 23 May 2008 , 4:53pm
post #4 of 7

I keep reading (and drooling) about lemon with raspberry.

btrsktch Posted 23 May 2008 , 4:54pm
post #5 of 7

Another Lemon lover here!

Jayde Posted 23 May 2008 , 5:44pm
post #6 of 7

Lemon filled with raspberry cream is popular here too!

You could also try white chocolate filled with strawberries, carrot cake filled with cream cheese icing, french vanilla filled with peach cream (my own creation), strawberry shortcake (vanilla pound cake filled with strawberries and whipped cream icing), or white almond sour cream filled with raspberries and white chocolate ganache.

I could go on for hours. They circle in my head constantly, I write them down on little scraps of paper. My purse is full of them. Let me know if you need more ideas, I dont want to bore you with them. Unfortunately I make mostly kid's birthday cakes. They only order chocolate and vanilla, but that did give me a chance to create my vanilla bean buttercream.

becky27 Posted 23 May 2008 , 5:53pm
post #7 of 7

you can never go wrong with lemon....but i must say Jayde is just full of great ideas!!!! cake flavors and fillings are limitless!!!! and honestly...the older ladies will be the last ones complaining....i never met a lady that didn't like any kind of cake!!! good luck!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%