Sugarshacks Dvd

Decorating By sugarinspired Updated 18 Jul 2008 , 4:18am by sugarshack

sugarinspired Posted 23 May 2008 , 4:22pm
post #1 of 25

has anyone bought sugarshack dvds? she has 3 dvd. buttercream fondant and stacking. what would you recommend?

24 replies
Pama2d Posted 23 May 2008 , 6:15pm
post #2 of 25

I just bought the Perfecting Buttercream, received it yesterday. I haven't had a chance to view it yet, but from what I hear, they are all fabulous! I hope to watch this evening... I'll post after if you haven't already heard from everyone else.

TooMuchCake Posted 23 May 2008 , 6:36pm
post #3 of 25

I only have the first one, which is very good and detailed. I've heard the others are every bit as nice as the buttercream one that I bought.

Deanna

Melony Posted 23 May 2008 , 6:40pm
post #4 of 25

All her Dvd's are great! I have all 3 and would recommend getting them all if you can. If I was forced to pick one as my favorite it would be the perfecting buttercream dvd.

Get them, you won't regret it!!

Melony

shelleybean Posted 25 May 2008 , 4:13am
post #5 of 25

Can anyone tell me more about the dvd's that I was just reading about from the sugar shack? I did a search online and have not been sucessful at finding any of the dvd's that were mentioned.
Thanks!

Pama2d Posted 25 May 2008 , 1:33pm
post #6 of 25

shelleybean... if you go to http://sugaredproductions.com/Sugar_Ed_Productions.html you can read about and order them.

BrandisBaked Posted 25 May 2008 , 5:18pm
post #7 of 25

I have all three, and I highly recommend them.

I've been doing this for years, and she shows me a lot of things I might never have thought of.

I wish I had seen the stacking one before I did my very first stacked wedding cake years ago! (The top three tiers slid off the bottom one during delivery! LOL!)

notjustcake Posted 25 May 2008 , 8:38pm
post #8 of 25

wow I really want these DVDs but boy they are expensive but worth it! May be my husband can get these for my birthday!

shelleybean Posted 25 May 2008 , 9:23pm
post #9 of 25

Thanks for the link....they are pricey. It would be great if were sold in a set with a discount icon_wink.gif . I am new to cake decorating - I have been through Wilton 1 and loved it and I want more instruction. Are these the best?

tracey1970 Posted 26 May 2008 , 12:44am
post #10 of 25

I have all three too, and I would recommend them all. Sharon is a wonderful teacher (and I'm a teacher/department head, so I can tell a good teacher). She is easy to follow and learn from, never condescending, and her DVDs don't have any "trick" editing or fast forwarded parts. She shows everything, in real time, start to finish. You see everything she does, no "finished product only" stuff.

Jannie92869 Posted 26 May 2008 , 12:46am
post #11 of 25

THE BEST....................I HAVE ALL THREE..............THEY ARE WELL WORTH IT.............BUY THEM ALL.....YOU WON'T REGRET IT! That's really how excited I was about each and every one of them. Even if you have been doing cakes a while..you will learn some time saving techniques.

They are worth it!

Cascades Posted 26 May 2008 , 1:12am
post #12 of 25

I think these tapes are well worth the price! When I think of the prices I have paid for classes in the past, these tapes are worth every penny!
Sharon does a wonderful job explaining her techniques and I feel confident when I am through watching them that I can master the same techniques. (eventually LOL)

I have all three tapes and the wonderful thing about them is I can go back at any time and refer to them. I forget sometimes little things when I take a class and those little things can be so important.

So, if you can't afford them at the moment, (and I know what that feels like), put them and your Birthday, Mothers Day, Christmas wish list. You won't regret it!

sugarinspired Posted 26 May 2008 , 3:11am
post #13 of 25

so im convinced i just purchased all thress. Yahhhh.... Im excited and cant wait to recieve them.

MommaLlama Posted 27 May 2008 , 10:18pm
post #14 of 25

I agree 110% with Cascades. You will not regret buying all three dvds. I love to refer back to mine when i need to. Sharon is a wonderful teacher, she answers all of the questions you may have and then some. It's like having the best classes come right to your home, you just can't beat that.

raquel1 Posted 27 May 2008 , 10:33pm
post #15 of 25

I've been considering these DVDs for a while, I'm "owed a mother's day present and I may just cash in my chips. Other things I've considered are more pans (I need large fancy shapes), and classes at my local cake decorating center (in Sugarland, TX), But until I perfect the techniques icon_smile.gif the other two are not as useful..

CakeWhizz Posted 27 May 2008 , 10:35pm
post #16 of 25

I also agree with Cascades and MommaLlama. Sugarshack's videos rock! The way I look at it, when I bought all three DVDs, I 'bought' from her over 20 years worth of cake decorating knowledge and experience! Being based in the UK where everything is VERY expensive, her DVDs are cheap (believe me)!
So please go ahead and get those DVDs, you won't regret it.

Taigen Posted 27 May 2008 , 10:36pm
post #17 of 25

I have all 3 and I love them. I have to agree with everyone that Sharon is really down to earth in her DVD's and was ever so helpful with my ordering etc. I am just a hobby baker but wanted to learn some true basic techniques and her DVD's show that.
I highly recommend them.

susgene Posted 27 May 2008 , 10:38pm
post #18 of 25

Two thumbs up for the buttercream DVD. Confirmed somethings I've been doing are correct and some... not so much...

Haven't bought the other two (yet).

Malakin Posted 27 May 2008 , 10:47pm
post #19 of 25

I have two of the three DVD's, (hinting to DH for the Stacking one!)...(just a matter of time.) I find them very, very useful, easy to understand, great quality, and immensely helpful. Wonderful teacher. You won't be wasting your money. The BC one made me look like an expert in my Wilton I class and the Fondant DVD did the same for me in Wilton class II and III. Thanks Sharon!

yelle66 Posted 27 May 2008 , 10:48pm
post #20 of 25

I have another question about the DVD's. They look great and I LOVE her work, but do I have to change my BC recipe to use them? I love the one I'm currently using, but it kind of looks like you have to use a crusting BC and its not one of those.

Malakin Posted 27 May 2008 , 11:04pm
post #21 of 25

I have tried her methods with her recipe, Wilton's and a few others. It works well with all of the ones I have tried. I do prefer her recipe as there is no milk in it to leave out sitting in the hot sun at a summer wedding. Also, she states in the video you can try her's or your's. Personal preference. But if you buy them, definitely try Sugarshack's version. It's great.

sugarshack Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 4:44am
post #22 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by yelle66

I have another question about the DVD's. They look great and I LOVE her work, but do I have to change my BC recipe to use them? I love the one I'm currently using, but it kind of looks like you have to use a crusting BC and its not one of those.

sorry, I just saw this. most of the techniques shown rely on a crusting BC recipe, yes. But some of the basic smoothing techniques could be used with a non crusting. But those might not be any dofferent than what you are doing now with your non crusting.

HTH

ShopGrl1128 Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 4:12pm
post #23 of 25

I just received my Flawless Fondant DVD!!!! Yay!!!! I canât wait to watch it!
Now I have all three!!!! I love what Iâve seen so far and I canât wait for Sharonâs next release.

CakeWhizz Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 4:46pm
post #24 of 25

I hope Sharon releases the DVD showing how to do her famous boxes with the bow.

sugarshack Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 4:18am
post #25 of 25

thanks ya'll!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%