Satin Ice Fondant

Decorating By vnm42101 Updated 26 May 2008 , 12:47pm by vnm42101

vnm42101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vnm42101 Posted 23 May 2008 , 4:01pm
post #1 of 3

I have a question for those that have used Satin Ice. I purchased a batch of Satin Ice for a Christening cake for my sister. I am new to cake decorating and have only used Wilton before but my BIL hates wilton Fondant (and I agree with him). My question is that although the wilton taste really disgusting, it actually melts in your mouth where as the Satin ice I found that it tasted better but you almost had to chew on it. Has anyone had this experience as well or did I just get a bad batch?

A lot of people left the fondant on the plate so I am what went wrong?

Thanks for your help.
Vivian

2 replies
veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 23 May 2008 , 4:29pm
post #2 of 3

Most people just don't like the "chewiness" of fondant, whether it is Satin Ice or another brand. I've never eaten enough of the Wilton to experience it melting in my mouth, it didn't get that far into my mouth.

Maybe it has something to do with the thickness we have to use that makes people peel it off. The last one I made, only my GS peeled off the fondant, everybody else wanted their own and more!

vnm42101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vnm42101 Posted 26 May 2008 , 12:47pm
post #3 of 3

Thank you for your reply. i have been afraid to make my own yet. Would you mind shering which receipe you use?

Thanks again

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%