Is It Painful?

Decorating By CakesbyBecca Updated 24 May 2008 , 1:51pm by 7yyrt

CakesbyBecca Posted 23 May 2008 , 2:20pm
post #1 of 12

I'm noticing that the more work I put into my cakes, the harder it is to cut into them icon_biggrin.gif . I did my Course 2 finale last night (in my photos) and went to cut into it this morning and it was so hard to destroy my work so soon icon_cry.gif
Do any of you find yourself getting attached to your blobs of fat and sugar? icon_wink.gif

11 replies
springlakecake Posted 23 May 2008 , 2:26pm
post #2 of 12

I'm always a little attached icon_biggrin.gif ! Some are easier than others. As long as it was enjoyed for a little while then I am pretty ready to eat it usually. I think it starts to get easier. Plus I take photos and post them all over!

Jayde Posted 23 May 2008 , 2:31pm
post #3 of 12

I am not as attached as my friends are! They always tell me that they dont want to cut into them, because they are so pretty. I am constantly telling them to hack into them, because they have got to taste the AWESOME flavor!

Think of it more as someone getting to experience your wonderful flavor combinations, than ruining the outside.

I agree with Merissa though, it does get easier with time.

jmgr91 Posted 23 May 2008 , 2:34pm
post #4 of 12

I think if you look at your work as a piece of edible art...
that people enjoyed before and during eating it..... you will feel better about "destroying the artwork"
Always take pictures of your work!!! Then you can always look back at your work.
This is the one thing I did not always do and I regret it icon_sad.gif

SweetStuff30 Posted 23 May 2008 , 2:37pm
post #5 of 12

this is funny cuz when someone comes and picks up their cakes from me (ususaly just family and friends) and i help them out the door with the cake...... and i see them walk down the driveway with it and get in their car....... i just watch them drive away and i start to laugh and i tell my husband.. 'oh my god it feels like my child just left the house for his first day of school!!!!!!" SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO funny!!!! Everytime!!!!! it never fails!! ahahah

LeanneW Posted 23 May 2008 , 2:40pm
post #6 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by CakesbyBecca

Do any of you find yourself getting attached to your blobs of fat and sugar? icon_wink.gif

Yes, I love my husband very much, but what does that have to do with cake?

HaHa just kidding, surprisingly my DH stays very trim eventhough he's a cake monster.

Remember the harry potter cake on ace of cakes? no one wanted to cut it, so the people who made it had to dig in first. Think of the alternative, you either eat it or throw the whole thing away.

It will get easier, be sure you take a ton of pics and then you'll have no regrets.

just_for_fun Posted 23 May 2008 , 2:41pm
post #7 of 12

For my kids bday parties, I always make someone else cut up the cake. I know that part of the enjoyment is eating it, but i just cannot do it.

tracycakes Posted 23 May 2008 , 4:28pm
post #8 of 12

I don't have problems cutting them but other people do. So, I usually have to but into myself. The only cake I've had problems cutting is my Clown Cake and that's because it's not going to be eaten, it's going in trash. Sooo, I keep holding on but I think today's the day.... icon_cry.gif

CakesbyBecca Posted 23 May 2008 , 4:44pm
post #9 of 12

tracycakes, why is your cake going in the trash? icon_cry.gif

Becca

julzs71 Posted 23 May 2008 , 5:32pm
post #10 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by leannewinslow

Quote:
Originally Posted by CakesbyBecca

Yes, I love my husband very much, but what does that have to do with cake?

That is too funny

indydebi Posted 23 May 2008 , 10:47pm
post #11 of 12

I have NO problem hacking that first piece from a cake I've made! Git-R-Dun and Git-R-Eaten!!

I didnt' spend all that time working on it just so you could LOOK at it! icon_eek.gif

7yyrt Posted 24 May 2008 , 1:51pm
post #12 of 12

Mostly I like to cut them. The exception was Auntie Griselda (my avatar). I had to give her away and leave.

Usually though, it's "let me get a picture and have at it!"

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%