Need Help With Item In This Picture...

Decorating By KeltoKel Updated 25 May 2008 , 11:35pm by ANicole

KeltoKel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KeltoKel Posted 23 May 2008 , 10:44am
post #1 of 8

I emailed the person who made this cake earlier in the week but have not heard back from her yet.

I was wondering how you would making the bowling pins stand up in this picture? The cake I am making will be in a car for awhile and I am worried about the pins falling.

Thanks!
LL

7 replies
wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 23 May 2008 , 10:51am
post #2 of 8

well you could do it several ways...
Attach cookie stick to cookies before baking or after... then stick cookie sticks in cake icon_smile.gif

OR if you did them in fondant/gp mix or pure gp then you would attach stick to GP before it gets to hard and let dry or attach with gumglue icon_smile.gif

KeltoKel Posted 23 May 2008 , 10:53am
post #3 of 8

Yes, I will be using gumpaste/fondant. So sticks are the secret to this? That is very helpful, thanks!

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 23 May 2008 , 10:59am
post #4 of 8

your welcome and if you have any more ??'s please feel free to pm me icon_smile.gif

maisyone2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maisyone2 Posted 23 May 2008 , 11:21am
post #5 of 8

If I were doing this cake, I'd be inclined to wait until I arrived at my destination to place the bowling pins.

Just a thought.....

Gayle

KeltoKel Posted 23 May 2008 , 12:52pm
post #6 of 8

Gayle,
That is a good idea and definitely something to be concerned about. Problem is, the cake is being picked up. The lady lives close to an hour away. Maybe I will have her place the pins on the cake, if I think it is easy enough. I can just lay them flat in a box.

Thanks for all the help from both of you!

dragonflydreams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dragonflydreams Posted 24 May 2008 , 5:16am
post #7 of 8

. . . if I was doing it I would probably use the stick idea . . . but I would go a couple of steps further . . . I would attach a front (bowling pin) and a back to the stick and then finish them off with a bead of "glue" (icing) along the edges so that you couldn't see the stick . . .

ANicole Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ANicole Posted 25 May 2008 , 11:35pm
post #8 of 8

Place all the pins so she can see what it's supposed to look like. Then once she looks at it, and before she drives away, remove them, and put them in a different container(s) and then she will know where the sticks go based on the holes in the cake. She can reassemble it at home.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%