Doctor Up Boxed Cake Mixes

Baking By nicoletyler7 Updated 23 May 2008 , 12:14pm by bonniebakes

nicoletyler7 Posted 23 May 2008 , 5:48am
post #1 of 4

I was wondering if anybody has any recipes to doctor up boxed cake mixes? I will be making white and chocolate. I really appreciate it thank you.

3 replies
dragonflydreams Posted 23 May 2008 , 6:52am
post #2 of 4

. . . this is probably one of the most popular white ones . . . http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-2322-White-Almond-Sour-Cream-Cake.html

. . . same recipe but substitute as per wgoat5's instructions for the chocolate (and the coffee will just accentuate the chocolate flavor - you won't really taste the coffee) . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by wgoat5

... sub choc. cake mix for white... instead of egg whites do 6 whole eggs... sub 2/3 of the flour for cocoa powder and sub all of the water for coffee icon_smile.gif HTH's

nikki72905 Posted 23 May 2008 , 7:23am
post #3 of 4

This is what I do, and everyone loves it!

white - take egg whites and whip to stiff peaks with a little bit of sugar

add one box of white chocolate pudding

use 3/4 stick of room temp butter
use 1 cup milk
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 tsp of lemon juice

Mix cake mix, butter, milk and pudding together

fold in 1/3 of egg whites quickly
fold in 2nd 3rd of egg whites quickly
fold in remainder of egg whites slowly
finally if you want to punch up the taste a little you can add 1 tsp of clear vanilla extract, and 1/2 tsp of almond extract and 1/2 tsp of lemon extract

I do the same for the chocolate cake except I add in about 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder along with the others and no lemon extract.

MMMM MMM MM

bonniebakes Posted 23 May 2008 , 12:14pm
post #4 of 4

there are a bunch in the recipe section of the site (one of the description types is "boxed cake mixes" or something like that). Also, the book the cake mix doctor and the cupcake mix doctor by Anne Bryn are good. She even has a website (of the same name) that has soem recipes posted there.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%