Having won the first cookie throwdown challenge....I challenged bakinccc to the next throwdown. It sounds like she's up to it....
We'll discuss the theme, set a date for the voting to start. I'll repost the rules so everyone can follow along.
1. Any member may challenge another CC member to a TD. The TD will begin and end on the specified dates, so all pictures of completed cookie bouquets can be uploaded for judging at the same time. This will make it easier for all CC members to judge each TD photo, and all winners can be announced at the same time.
2. Throw Downs begin on the 1st day of every month. They will end inexactly 3 weeks from the start date, at which time your pictures need to be sent to the poster. Pictures need to be sent to the poster by 3:00 pm CST.
3. You may submit up to 3 photos for judging.
4. You may choose your decorating medium, be it marshmallow fondant, rolled buttercream, royal, glace... Everything must be edible.
5. The loser will be the poster of the new throwdown.
6. A throwdown should be as equal in decorating skills as possible. If you are the throwdown winner, try to choose a member with "equal or greater than" skills as yourself.
7. The throwdown challengers will determine the theme of the bouquet.
8. The winner of the throwdown continues to compete until they lose. Once a contestant has lost, they must wait 12 months before participating again.
9. Only 2 members may compete in any particular throwdown, however, there can be more than one throwdown going on at a time.
10. Bouquets must have between 7 and 11 cookies. All cookies must be arranged in a bouquet, and not just thrown in a basket.
11. Judging may include not only the cookies, but the packaging as well. So, keep this in mind when choosing a container.
Don't forget there is also another cookie throwdown going on as we speak. Make sure everyone gets their vote in... http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-587746.html
Ok - what do you think about either of these themes...
"Man's Best Friend"
A spa theme of some kind...can't think of a catchy title for that one.
i guess i like the spa one a little better. both sound like they could be intersting.
anyone else have opinions etiher way??
oooh oooh oooh!!! Do the spa theme - it will be so much fun to see what you fabulous cookie bouquet makers will create!!!
i like a day at the spa
i like a day at the spa
Let's do "A Day at the Spa" then. Maybe I'll have to go to a spa for the first time in my life! (lol) So how much time do we have??
These TDs are so fun. Good luck! I can't wait to see the cookies.
oooh i like the idea of research. then again, i'm not sure i'd even know what to do at a spa. my idea(or my kids') of a spa is sitting on the floor while the girls put 600 barretts in my hair
2 weeks out is june 7th or 3 weeks out is june 14th. you decide. either one is fine with me
Lets do three weeks at June 14th. I'm pretty booked with orders and have a few cookie cutters to make too. Sound good??
sounds fabulous!!!! june 14th it is.
shelley are you still on?!?!?
My nerves are already on edge!!!!!!!!
I can hardly wait to see what you guys come up with!
I can't wait to see what you guys come up with.
You are both so very talented and my cookie heros!
Ok Dawn......idea #1 just popped into my brain! You better be scared!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i've got more ideas popping out of my head than in...maybe i should be nervous!!!!
june 14th will be here sooner than you think.....
I'm so exited to see this pics. Both of you are great!
cant wait id love 2 z what u talented girls come up with u rock!!!
Here I am leaving everything until the last minute! Dawn, I hope you haven't had your bouquet done for weeks now. I've been super busy with orders to the point that I thought I might quit altogether two days ago. Summer is here and the boys are out of school. Seeing them with a lot of free time made me want it too. But I've come to my senses and will continue. I guess I'm insanely addicted to this cookie habit.
I'll be finished with the bouquet tomorrow. I'll have to look up who we send the pics too. Good luck to you. I know you've been busy too.
jennifer...i swear it's like looking in a mirror with you. i have to learn to say no to some of these orders. doesn't help that my own son is graduating this year too. well, you're one step ahead of me. i hope to be ready by tonight. see you in the ring....i'll be the one sleeping in the corner
Yah - sleeping because of exhaustion from beating me (I'm hoping for a close contest at least)! And I'll be the one outside the ring laying dead on the floor...beat by The Cookie Queen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just can't wait to see what you're creating!
this is so exciting. as soon as i receive pictures i will post. i do go to church so it will probably be in the afternoon at the earliest. good luck ladies. GET READY TO VOTE EVERYONE!!!!!!
sorry guys, my internet keeps popping in and out. sorry for the delay. i emailed my photo off. time for the voting..........
good luck jennifer
Good luck to you too Dawn! I'll be in touch!!