Multiple Wasc Questions Help

Decorating By jolmk Updated 23 May 2008 , 10:00am by Shola

jolmk Posted 23 May 2008 , 12:30am
post #1 of 13

I have made both the white and the chocolate cakes and loved them. Does anyone know if they can be marbled together? Can this cake be made as a sheet cake? If I do half recipe of each kind I will have too much batter what can I do with it? I need to make 3 12 x 18 cakes so in the end I will have a lot of batter left.

Thanks

Jo

12 replies
ShortcakesSweets Posted 23 May 2008 , 1:21am
post #2 of 13

Yes, they can be marbled together. I have only used WASC in round layer cakes, but I don't think there would be a problem with a sheet cake. You could use the left-over cake for cake balls.

Speaking of, I have lost my recipe for the Chocolate version and am having problems doing searches on my computer, could someone direct me to that reicpe? Thanks

liha21 Posted 23 May 2008 , 1:30am
post #3 of 13

You can do wasc as just about anything at all. I have made it into so many versions. Also, you can cut the recipe in half, assuming you are using the 2 box recipe?

SuHwa Posted 23 May 2008 , 1:41am
post #4 of 13

One full recipe (2 boxes) will make one nicely filled 12x18. There's really not any reason to have batter left over. Just make a half recipe of white and a half recipe of chocolate, swirl, bake, cool, repeat. icon_smile.gif I do this with vanilla and strawberry mixes all the time.

vickymacd Posted 23 May 2008 , 2:13am
post #5 of 13

When I just want the smaller batch, instead of cutting the WASC recipe in half, I just use the 'original' WASC recipe. i love both of them.

mgdsue02 Posted 23 May 2008 , 2:20am
post #6 of 13

I am a newbie and wondering what wasc is??? I tried to look it up in the recipes, but didn't get any hits. Help!!! icon_confused.gif

TC123 Posted 23 May 2008 , 2:27am
post #7 of 13

Hi mgdsue02. Welcome to CC! WASC is White Almond Sour Cream. Hope this helps!

onceuponacake Posted 23 May 2008 , 2:27am
post #8 of 13

WASC is white almond sour cream cake...im 99% sure anyway lol

mgdsue02 Posted 23 May 2008 , 2:30am
post #9 of 13

Many thanks!!! I will look it up now! icon_biggrin.gif

pjaycakes Posted 23 May 2008 , 2:34am
post #10 of 13

White Almond Sour Cream Cake. Don't take the recipe too literally. It is very flexible. I use just about any flavor cake mix and different extracts. I sub liquors for the water (if a sweet liquor, cut the sugar in half), and even added peanut butter to the recipe.

I also have a system where I broke the recipe down into cups. 1/2 of a recipe makes 8 cups of batter (which uses one cake mix), so I just broke that in half etc. I can make anywhere from 2 to 12 cups of batter at a time (my mixer won't hold anymore than 12 cups). I figured out how much all of the ingredients weigh so I just put my bowl on the scale adnd throw in all the ingredients.

Then I figured out how many cups of batter each of my pans takes (mostly through trial and error). Then when I need to make an 8" cake I know I need to make 8 cups of batter. No leftover batter.

jolmk Posted 23 May 2008 , 2:35am
post #11 of 13

THANK YOU EVERYONE ! I Love CC.

I copied my from the website www.recipezaar.com it has all the variations you can make. Sorry I don't know how to make a link icon_redface.gif . Cakes I can do, computers no so much.

Jo

jolmk Posted 23 May 2008 , 2:39am
post #12 of 13

Guess what I do know how to make a link icon_smile.gif.

Jo

Shola Posted 23 May 2008 , 10:00am
post #13 of 13

While we're on the WASC topic again! What are some good alcohols to sub for the water, I want to try Cranberry Vodka but I'm not sure if that would be nice, anybody done a flavoured vodka or white rum one? icon_confused.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%