Will These Finished Bouquets Make It.

Baking By kimsmom Updated 23 May 2008 , 11:06pm by toleshed

kimsmom Posted 23 May 2008 , 12:03am
post #1 of 12

I just finished making 20 cookie bouquets that I thought were needed asap. Now I find out that the recipient will be out of town until Monday. I need to know if these cookies will make it until then. Each cookie is on a stick and individually bagged in the bouquet. I can also use extra large zip-lock bags to cover the whole bouquet if need be. I just can't take them all apart. I have a feeling they will start to bleed before too long, because they are outlined in black. Any thoughts. Thanks in advance.

11 replies
bakinccc Posted 23 May 2008 , 1:30am
post #2 of 12

Wow, that's a tough one. If they were my cookies I'd take all the cookies out of the bouquets, put them upside down in a large alunimum tray and freeze them. From my experience I think they'd start to bleed if you left them out at room temp. There'll be some extra work for you on monday, let them thaw for about 2-3 hours, but I think they should be fine. I hope you're getting paid well for them. Make sure you're very specific on pick-up or delivery times in the future. Good luck to you!

leily Posted 23 May 2008 , 3:28am
post #3 of 12

The cookies I make would be fine... but that might depend on what you used to decorate.

Did you use fondant, royal icing, antonia's royal, buttercream??

kimsmom Posted 23 May 2008 , 3:53am
post #4 of 12

leily I used royal icing; there is a picture in my photos.
Thanks for any help.

leily Posted 23 May 2008 , 4:05am
post #5 of 12

If it was me I wouldn't be worried about them.. just keep them out of sunlight and heat so that moisture doesn't build up in the bag and you should be fine. They are already wrapped once so no need to wrap again, just put in a dark cool place.

I have not had problems with black bleeding once everything is dry, so if they are dry and look good I would imagine you will be fine too.

just_desserts Posted 23 May 2008 , 4:07am
post #6 of 12

Our teens at our church made cookie bouquets as a fund raiser & made some of them two weeks in advance, wrapped individually, & we had no problems with them. We used Antonio's RI & none of the colors bled even after the two weeks.

kimsmom Posted 23 May 2008 , 4:09am
post #7 of 12

Thank you so much for your reply. As they are all to be a gift to my niece for her new dental practice, I guess I'll take your advice and not worry. At least not too much.

wyckedwytch Posted 23 May 2008 , 12:23pm
post #8 of 12

They will be fine, if you put them in the bags dry they will last an eternity! I have cookie samples from Christmas that still look like the day I made them. Granted I'm sure they taste awful but they are beautiful so a couple of days will be fine if they are individually wrapped!

The daffodil is beautiful!

jadak Posted 23 May 2008 , 2:03pm
post #9 of 12

I agree that I think they'll look fine and taste fine still on Monday. I made a bouquet a while back and ended up with a couple of extra cookies. They were bagged. I kept them and my kids ate them about 6 days after I made them. They looked fine and tasted nice and fresh. I don't know how much longer they'd have lasted, but I think yours are going to be just fine.

kimsmom Posted 23 May 2008 , 3:50pm
post #10 of 12

Thank you all for your quick reponses. I think I'm going to wait and see. There is no room to freeze them now anyway. Keeping my fingers crossed.

yankeegal Posted 23 May 2008 , 10:05pm
post #11 of 12

Your cookies should be fine and your arrangement is lovely.

toleshed Posted 23 May 2008 , 11:06pm
post #12 of 12

kimsmom - just want to say that all of your cookies are gorgeous.

Quote by @%username% on %date%