Need To Make A Boat Out Of Gumpaste

Decorating By luelue1971 Updated 26 May 2008 , 1:14pm by 2chae

luelue1971 Posted 22 May 2008 , 11:25pm
post #1 of 6

Does anyone have instructions on the best way to make a boat out of gumpaste?

Do I mold it from one glob of gp or make it in pieces and put it together?

It needs to be big enough to hold the Wilton "Catch of a Lifetime" bride groom topper. That's the one with the bride holding a fishing pole that has caught on the grooms pants.

Thanks

5 replies
kakedecorator Posted 22 May 2008 , 11:35pm
post #2 of 6

I made one in parts and put it together, but it was just a rowboat. If you did it in one "glob" wouldn't it be heavy?

luelue1971 Posted 24 May 2008 , 3:57pm
post #3 of 6

Anybody else have any ideas??? or specific instruction?

It is to be a ski boat

2chae Posted 24 May 2008 , 4:21pm
post #4 of 6

I am making a cake with the same bride and groom. I am making a boat by rolling the gumpaste flat then cutting 3 pieces (bottom and 2 sides), shaping the sides and let them all harden. I will "glue" them together with royal icing. You could make a bow for the front and glue it on top. I hope you understand what I am trying to say. icon_wink.gif Do you mind sharing how are you designing the rest of the cake? I have no idea what to do!

luelue1971 Posted 24 May 2008 , 5:29pm
post #5 of 6

I'm thinking of doing either 2 11x15 or 1 11x15 and 1 9x13 and making it not exactly square. Then I'm going to make trees and add cake scraps around the sides to make the bank and then put blue piping gel in the middle for the water. I'm going to put a sign on the bank that says "Catch of a lifetime.

Here's one that has the shape I'm wanting. http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1215862

The cake will be similar in design to this one I did a while back.

So I guess a combo of these two.
LL

2chae Posted 26 May 2008 , 1:14pm
post #6 of 6

Cute! Can't wait to see pic!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%