Farm Animal Theme/child's B-Day

Decorating By SueW Updated 23 May 2008 , 1:09am by NayNay2

SueW Posted 22 May 2008 , 10:56pm
post #1 of 4

My friend has requested a farm animal themed cake for her son's 2nd b-day. For the life of me I come up with an idea, well... that I can actually pull off. I have beginner skills, any easy ideas? I'd love to do a 3D but I am not there just yet icon_lol.gif

3 replies
BakingGirl Posted 22 May 2008 , 11:12pm
post #2 of 4

What about something like a farm animal version of the Safari cake in my photos? The animals are chocolate transfers which means you don't particularly need artistic skill. As long as you can trace and colour in you should be able to do it. The animals on my cake were from templates in the book I used but I am sure you could find farm animal clip art or pictures from a children's book to use.

brea1026 Posted 22 May 2008 , 11:18pm
post #3 of 4

I recently did a barn themed baby shower cake. You can see the photo in my pics. If you didn't want to try to make the animals, you could always purchase the little tykes ones and set them on the cake- and VOILA- two presents in one!

NayNay2 Posted 23 May 2008 , 1:09am
post #4 of 4

I just did a barn yard themed birthday cake for a first birthday. It was pretty easy, I used a loaf pan to create the barn and stacked 2 of them and carved the top and just put them on a sheet cake. You can check out my pics if you like.

Quote by @%username% on %date%