Perhaps My Proudest Moment...............

Decorating By mjballinger Updated 23 May 2008 , 12:33am by toodlesjupiter

mjballinger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mjballinger Posted 22 May 2008 , 8:39pm
post #1 of 9

I just wanted to share this with you all.........

The other day I was talking to my husband about the wedding cake I'm making for my niece, discussing whether to make a Mets theme groom cake and what I could do for the grooms cake...............when my dd, age 7, who I swore never heard a word I said, jumps in and says, "How about you make the stadium and put little gumpaste figures of the players". I swear, I was so proud I wanted to cry. "Gumpaste figures". lol. She does listen to me!!

Also, I want to thank you all for all your inspiration. This place is great!

8 replies
alanahodgson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alanahodgson Posted 22 May 2008 , 9:41pm
post #2 of 9

cute!

Bettycrockermommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bettycrockermommy Posted 22 May 2008 , 9:46pm
post #3 of 9

Just wait until she wants to help you make the figures! Oh so much fun!

cwcopeland Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cwcopeland Posted 22 May 2008 , 9:51pm
post #4 of 9

Oh now cute!!! I know you're proud.

Every time I make fondant figures and my 20 year old son is around, he always wants to help. And he's not the kind of guy you'd think of messing around the kitchen, much less making fondant babies, flowers, etc. hehe

maimerbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maimerbaker Posted 22 May 2008 , 9:52pm
post #5 of 9

I am sure I would have teared up as well! Maybe there is still hope for my kids icon_smile.gif Cute story and what a great birthday you have.

toodlesjupiter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
toodlesjupiter Posted 22 May 2008 , 10:00pm
post #6 of 9

Awwww! How cute! Yesterday my 5-year old son did something similar... I was talking about doing my Uncle's wedding cake and how I was nervous about stacking it and he goes, "Mommy, it's easy. All you have to do is put sticks in the bottom one and the put one on top, and then put sticks in that one and put another on top!" I asked where he heard that and he said, "Food Network." Kids are so cute, and they pay more attention than we ever knew.

mjballinger Posted 22 May 2008 , 10:13pm
post #7 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by maimerbaker

I am sure I would have teared up as well! Maybe there is still hope for my kids icon_smile.gif Cute story and what a great birthday you have.

lol. I love Libras! Both my daughter's are Libra's too.

mjballinger Posted 22 May 2008 , 10:15pm
post #8 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by toodlesjupiter

Awwww! How cute! Yesterday my 5-year old son did something similar... I was talking about doing my Uncle's wedding cake and how I was nervous about stacking it and he goes, "Mommy, it's easy. All you have to do is put sticks in the bottom one and the put one on top, and then put sticks in that one and put another on top!" I asked where he heard that and he said, "Food Network." Kids are so cute, and they pay more attention than we ever knew.

That's awesome! We may just have the next generation of CC'ers on our hands!

toodlesjupiter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
toodlesjupiter Posted 23 May 2008 , 12:33am
post #9 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjballinger

That's awesome! We may just have the next generation of CC'ers on our hands!

Wouldn't that be awesome? thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%