Help!!!! Fourth Of July/birthday Cake For A 2 Year Old?????

Decorating By rlreynolds217 Updated 8 Jul 2008 , 12:36pm by CelebrationCakery

rlreynolds217 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rlreynolds217 Posted 22 May 2008 , 7:55pm
post #1 of 15

Help!!!! I am trying to think of ideas for my son's second birthday, which happens to be on the 4th of July!!!! I am pretty novice at this point (taken all three Wilton classes, so am decent at fondant, not pro)...any ideas????? icon_cry.gif

14 replies
Jayde Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jayde Posted 22 May 2008 , 10:49pm
post #2 of 15

Well you dont have to stick with the Fourth of July theme. Is there a theme to his party? Cars? Diego? You could go with that theme and run with it and make an awesome cake. If you need ideas for a specific theme just let me know.

Otherwise, you could do what I am doing. My husband's birthday is on the fourth of July. He is turning 30 this year. I am going to make him a Fireworks cake. Its going to have one red, one white, and one blue tier. The red will have white stripes, the blue will have white stars. I dont know what I want to do on the white tier yet, but I still have time icon_smile.gif . I am going to use sparklers, and stick them in the cake with pvc pipes. I am also making a small 6 inch cake that we are going to "blow up" with M80's, but thats another story. Feel free to steal my idea!

diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 23 May 2008 , 5:40am
post #5 of 15

I agree.. you don't HAVE to make it a 4th of July themed cake.. unless you want to of course.

dragonflydreams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dragonflydreams Posted 23 May 2008 , 8:01am
post #6 of 15

. . . this is a fun image that might work into a cake design for a little boy's 4th of July birthday . . . Image

rlreynolds217 Posted 25 May 2008 , 12:45pm
post #7 of 15

Thanks for the ideas...seems like a couple of you are military wives, and I used to be in the Navy, so part of me wants to do a theme, but he loves water and books, and the dollar store has some cheap luau decorations, so I was thinking maybe a shipwreck theme tied in with the 4th? Maybe a shipwreck cake with an American flag?

rlreynolds217 Posted 25 May 2008 , 12:51pm
post #8 of 15

Diane, your cakes are AWESOME!!!

CelebrationCakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CelebrationCakery Posted 25 May 2008 , 1:16pm
post #9 of 15

Here I am chiming in....I love children's birthday cakes....they always have wide eyes and excitement we they see cake of any sort...and then when it is fun and different it is like being at Disney for them....

Now you mentioned a ship wreck and American Flag....so my mind saw...

Ship on beach...American Flag on beach...standing upright, blowing in the breeze...and a little boy sculpted out of fondant making a sand castle next to it in the sand...Very summery...You could name the ship after him too....You could write the Happy Birthday message in the sand....All on a sheet cake with the 3D ship sticking out....oh...can I do it for you???

korensmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
korensmommy Posted 25 May 2008 , 1:17pm
post #10 of 15

Thanks for asking this question! My daughter was born last year on the 4th of July. When she was born, the 1st thing my husband said is: I bet you are thinking about all the cakes you can make her now!!

CelebrationCakery Posted 25 May 2008 , 1:29pm
post #11 of 15

Korensmommy...I saw you were a New Yorker Transplant...where abouts in NY??? I am upstate...just north of Albany...

korensmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
korensmommy Posted 25 May 2008 , 2:34pm
post #12 of 15

ChristianDonovan,
I am a Long Island girl (have the accent to prove it!!). I went to college upstate--at Oswego.

diane Posted 26 May 2008 , 4:27am
post #13 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlreynolds217

Diane, your cakes are AWESOME!!!

thank-you...but if you're talking about the links i posted, those aren't mine. icon_wink.gif

rlreynolds217 Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 6:56pm
post #14 of 15

So I finally made a decision to combine a luau, pirate ship, and the fourth of July...it worked! And the kids tore it up!!! Thanks for your advice...
LL

CelebrationCakery Posted 8 Jul 2008 , 12:36pm
post #15 of 15

It came out great!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%