How Much Would You Charge For These...???

Decorating By sweetcravings Updated 26 May 2008 , 2:36am by axelito2007

sweetcravings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcravings Posted 22 May 2008 , 7:54pm
post #1 of 8

I promised my son i would bake some stuff for him to sell at our garage sale this weekend. Here is what i came up with. Not all that great, but i didn't have a lot of time to fuss with them. How much should i charge for the cupcakes and cookies?
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL

7 replies
KASCARLETT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KASCARLETT Posted 22 May 2008 , 7:57pm
post #2 of 8

Oh, those are so cute!!! I can't really help you with pricing because I'm really not into making cookies (although not opposed to it!). But since it is a garage sale, people probably aren't going to be willing to pay too much.

kendi25 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kendi25 Posted 22 May 2008 , 8:02pm
post #3 of 8

I would say $1.25 for each, cookie or cake. That way what you loose on cake you make on cookies... Does that make any sense?

HTH

SugarBakerz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarBakerz Posted 22 May 2008 , 8:16pm
post #4 of 8

I think in the grand scheme of things you could get more for the cookies, but because you mention yard sale, people are going to be looking for a deal. I think $1 for the cupcake and maybe $1.50 for the cookie. If you had done those cookies for a customer I am certain you could have gotten triple that. You did a great job on them, I love the ice cream cones!

sweetcravings Posted 22 May 2008 , 8:20pm
post #5 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by KASCARLETT

Oh, those are so cute!!! I can't really help you with pricing because I'm really not into making cookies (although not opposed to it!). But since it is a garage sale, people probably aren't going to be willing to pay too much.

Ya that's what i was thinking...They probably won't pay more than 1.50 a cookie...especially since they are probably going to be nickel and diming me on everything else. icon_biggrin.gif

sweetcravings Posted 22 May 2008 , 8:23pm
post #6 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarBakerz

I think in the grand scheme of things you could get more for the cookies, but because you mention yard sale, people are going to be looking for a deal. I think $1 for the cupcake and maybe $1.50 for the cookie. If you had done those cookies for a customer I am certain you could have gotten triple that. You did a great job on them, I love the ice cream cones!

Thanks for the help. I was thinking the same thing. Plus i have to make sure it is easy math for my son..9yrs old. He will be in charge of selling them. If i make it more complicated he may get flustered.

strawberry0121 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
strawberry0121 Posted 22 May 2008 , 8:27pm
post #7 of 8

Make sure to have plenty of change! And make sure your business card goes out with each item, if you have them.

Too cute! If it were me, I would probably sell everything for $1.00 to be easy and yard sale friendly. Also, some free hot coffee would be nice to set out with them.

Have fun!

axelito2007 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
axelito2007 Posted 26 May 2008 , 2:36am
post #8 of 8

estan preciosas

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%